Youtube Operations Coordinator job from TVO in Toronto, ON, Canada
Tuesday 15th, March 2022
TVO is a reputed company based in Toronto, ON. We are looking for talented professional from the field of Production and Operations to join our team as Youtube Operations Coordinator.
Position: YouTube Operations Coordinator- 12 month contract
Division: Digital & Innovation
Salary Range: $52,525.20 - $62,917.40
Reports To: Director, Media Operations
Location: Toronto, Yonge & Eglinton (on the Yonge subway line)
TVO is at a unique intersection of education, journalism, digital technology, broadcast, and philanthropy. As creators of award-winning content, we’ve been inspiring learning that changes lives and enriches communities since 1970. Our vision is to be a globally recognized digital learning organization.*
What’s in it for you*
When it comes to learning, we walk the talk: it’s the cornerstone of everything we do, and each one of us invests deeply in our own learning while elevating each other’s knowledge – whether through peer-to-peer learning, workshops or lunch & learns. You’ll work with folks who are thrilled and driven by the digital learning and media landscapes. Roll up your sleeves and work cross-functionally with great teams where collaboration is the beating heart of all that we do. We’re a tight-knit community and we’re just the right size, meaning that you’ll get to meet and work with people from across our organization, at all levels – the ones who have been here for 10 months, 10 years, and well beyond. Maybe you’ll even get to meet Polkaroo.
Who we are*
TVO is poised for its next chapter as we embark on the next phase of strategic planning. We know we are a better organization when we honour our commitments, when we thrive with diverse voices, when we value bold thinking, and embrace change. We understand and celebrate that we are better, together.
We are proud and thrilled to be named a* Greater Toronto Top Employer of 2022*! This is a testament to the incredible work we do, every day, and the impact that we have on the lives of Ontarians.
However, you jump in with us, you’ll join a team of good people who are constantly inspired and challenged to do great work. Join us on our journey as we go from great to greater.
TVO is funded primarily by the Province of Ontario, and is a registered charity supported by thousands of sponsors and donors. Find and follow us on: YouTube (@TVO), Twitter (@TVO), Facebook (@TVO), and Instagram (@WeAreTVO).
The YouTube Operations Coordinator will be responsible for daily operation and maintenance of TVO’s YouTube channels.
Reporting to the Director of Media Operations you will provide regular updates on the status of TVO’s YouTube channels, targets, and projects. You will be TVO’s inhouse expert on YouTube management, providing guidance to other departments. Helping develop and drive innovation, identifying opportunities for growth and improvement. You will have a strong interest in digital & video trends and show a deep understanding of the media landscape.
How you will make an impact:
- Maintain multiple YouTube channels
- Handle copyright claims
- Manage the video CMS with regards to assets, asset labels, policies, channels, claimed videos, reports and issues
- Manage all issues in the CMS such as reference overlaps, invalid references, ownership conflicts, ownership transfers, potential claims, disputed claims, and appealed claims
- Work closely with other TVO departments such as Legal, Brand and Content Activation, and Acquisitions
- Work with external vendors
- Add video policies to YouTube assets
- Manage daily questions, issues, feedback, and ensuring teams are kept informed
- Identify opportunities to expand the department’s level of service and working with the leadership team to follow through on those opportunities.
- Set up new channels and maintaining existing channels
- Responsible for YouTube strategy implementation and execution
- Day-to-day channel maintenance
- Other duties as required
What you will bring to TVO:
- College video/media course or social media marketing degree (preferred)
- Ability to balance independent and team-oriented tasks (i.e., self-motivated team player)
- Minimum 2+ years experience in a similar role (working in YouTube CMS preferred)
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong interest in the latest online video trends
- Highly motivated team player
- Well organized
- Effective time management skills - ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- An in-depth knowledge of YouTube and digital video
- Experience managing a YouTube channel (mandatory)
- You are YouTube certified (preferred)
- Prior work experience in technology and/or media
We invite you to submit your application by April 4, 2022, at 5:00 p.m. Not sure you have everything we’re asking for, but know you can make a big impact? Tell us your story and we will be happy to consider you.
To learn more about us and our culture, please visit us at https://www.tvo.org/about/work-at-tvo.
TVO is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where all employees feel valued, respected, and supported. We believe that the diversity of our team strengthens our ability to develop creative solutions and products that are reflective of the communities in which we serve across Ontario. At TVO, we recognize the importance of using anti-oppression practices, both within our organization and in our content.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process (e.g., including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms). If you are seeking accommodations during the application or interview process, please advise us as soon as possible so that appropriate arrangements can be made by sending your request to [email protected].
Job Type: Full-time
How To Apply
Please submit your application as instructed in the job advert or Apply from Company Website