Warehouse/logistics Manager - Siemens Logistics job from Siemens in Ajax, ON, Canada
Monday 14th, March 2022
Siemens is a reputed company based in Wilsonville, OR 97070. We are looking for talented professional from the field of Supply Chain / Logistics / Procurement to join our team as Warehouse/logistics Manager - Siemens Logistics.
Technology driven, problem solvers
Customers around the world trust in our products. Our service technicians and engineers significantly contribute to that. You are the first on the scene to solve any technical problem. You are a trusted adviser, team player, and make things possible. “Unsolvable” is a foreign term, and you go the distance. Your focus on the customers’ needs makes you an invaluable partner. When you join our team, the possibilities are endless.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2018, Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2022 and Greater Toronto's Top Employers 2022.
What will you do?
Siemens Logistics Canada is currently seeking a Logistics/Warehouse Manager to support Operations and Customer Service activities at our Toronto location.
In this role, you will manage/supervise the flow of materials, equipment, goods, supplies, etc., from suppliers to operational sites and spare parts warehouse. You will review and plan considering all requirements for logistics and warehousing. You will participate in negotiations of contracts for goods, services, suppliers, equipment related to materials, transportation and storage; monitors contractual obligations for compliance. Participate in the evaluation of vendor performance. Monitor complex product activities so that project objectives are met in accordance with schedules. Coordinates and controls the materials planning function. Your expertise is key to working in the scope of multi-million dollar projects!
- Plan and oversee outbound logistics, including on-site and off-site warehouse inventory, and the transportation of spare parts inventory
- Establish and preserve relationships, as well as negotiate with suppliers, manufacturers, and retailers and consumers for logistics providers and inbound supply of spare parts
- Collaborate with customer service and sales to perform assessment on strategic logistic opportunities
- Plan and allocate resources for warehouse picking and shipping processes to ensure daily shipments are picked and shipped promptly following customers’ requirements
- Confer with unit heads to ensure warehouse activities harmonize with that of other functions such as operations, customer service, and purchasing
Optimization & Process Improvement
- Provide support operation processes, including inspection, receiving, and storage; material usage, order picking, and inbound and outbound shipments; and the handling and disposition of material activities
- Responsible for monitoring and upholding inventory accuracy through cycle count process, investigation of variances, and quarterly and annual physical inventories
- Responsible for managing the department’s KPI’s, including visual controls; and converse status to management
- Spot and understand root cause of problems and execute countermeasures
- Develop and implement lean initiatives to guarantee continuous improvement in processes
- Successfully define workflows, jobs, and reporting relationships to obtain optimum effectiveness.
- Develop logistics/warehouse processes and procedures.
- Evaluate and recommend changes in methods or procedures in own area of responsibility.
- Identify resource needs and develop justification in addition to troubleshooting and resolving complex problems.
- Manage, Supervisor and Co-ordinate all site deliveries including offload and storage off goods.
- Plan warehouse deliveries to site to achieve the Construction programme.
- Supervise/control the site logistics' team including general operatives performing various tasks to support the Site Manager.
- Co-ordinate and communicate with all Stakeholders and suppliers
- Work closely with Siemens procurement/logistics team to ensure the correct and timely sequence of equipment to be delivered to the warehouse and site.
- Produce relevant delivery reports, schedules, plans, progress updates, good in/out checks, etc.
What will you need to succeed?
- Bachelors’ Degree or equivalent experience and expertise
- Engineering/Construction Logistics background with formal construction qualifications preferred
- Min 5 years of successful experience in a logistics/warehouse management
- Min 5 years of experience with inventory cycle count process
- Experience in Warehouse, receiving/dispatch
- Knowledge of Construction Logistics, Warehouse Management, Construction Health & Safety
- SAP experience in MM, WM, IM is required; Warehouse Management software experience
- Knowledge of Material Handling System installations is a great asset
- Proficient with MS Office; MS Excel
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Ability to think outside of the box and provide viable solutions to project challenges and remain calm under pressure
- People leadership: Experience in controlling/supervising warehouse/site staff
- Valid G driver’s licence in good standing is ESSENTIAL
- FLT (Forklift Truck) licence is preferred
- Available travel 15-30% primarily across Canada
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: Siemens Logistics Ltd.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.
How To Apply
Please submit your application as instructed in the job advert or Apply from Company Website