User Experience Researcher, Google Video job from Google in Stockholm, Sweden
Saturday 7th, May 2022
Google is a reputed company based in Belgrave House, 76, London. We are looking for talented professional from the field of Media / Advertising / Communication / Design to join our team as User Experience Researcher, Google Video.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive Science, Experimental Psychology, Anthropology, Information Science, a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in an applied research setting integrating user research into product designs and strategy.
- Research experience in enterprise/business software, developer tools, IT, or other systems.
- Master’s degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive Science, Experimental Psychology, Anthropology, Information Science, a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Solid knowledge of quantitative research and the principles of experiment design.
- Knowledge of a wide range of user experience and market research methods and techniques, such as lab-based usability studies, field research, usability inspections, creation of user profiles or personas, participatory design, survey research, experiment design, and statistical analysis.
About the job
At Google, we follow a simple but vital premise: "Focus on the user and all else will follow." User Experience Researchers (UXRs) make this possible.
Google User Experience (UX) is made up of multi-disciplinary teams of UX Designers, Researchers, Writers, Content Strategists, Program Managers, and Engineers: we care deeply about the people who use our products. The UX team plays an integral part in gathering insights about the needs, attitudes, emotions, and behaviors of people who use our products to inspire and inform design. We collaborate closely with each other and with engineering and product management to create industry-leading products that deliver value for the people who use them, and for Google’s businesses.
As a User Experience Researcher (UXR), you’ll help your team of UXers, product managers, and engineers understand user needs. You’ll work with stakeholders across functions and levels and have impact at all stages of product development. You’ll play a critical role in creating useful, usable, and delightful products. You’ll explore user behaviors and motivations by conducting primary research such as field studies, interviews, diary studies, participatory workshops, ethnography, surveys, usability testing, and logs analysis.
The UXR community at Google is unique and will help you do your best work. You’ll have the opportunity to work with and learn from UXRs across Google through regular meetups, mentor programs, and access to internal research tools.
The Google Meet team is passionate about understanding how people connect, communicate, and collaborate together. We strive to build excellent video conferencing and calling experiences, and help people stay connected and ease communication, collaboration, and connection needs.
User experience is at the forefront of how we create intuitive, innovative, and beautiful products that people love. We strive to learn and understand our users’ needs, behaviors, and emotions to gather insights that inform product strategy and design. Our UX teams include designers, researchers, content strategists, and engineers who are passionate about quality, usability, and simplicity. We work on collaborative teams to solve complex challenges and craft experiences that highlight our products’ unique capabilities and personalities. Our work touches billions while exemplifying a key principle that is core to Google’s philosophy: “Focus on the user and all else will follow.”
- Define, prioritize, and plan research opportunities with cross-functional partners across product development life cycle, with a focus on enabling users to quickly and confidently join their video calls across platforms (e.g., mobile, web, tv, watches).
- Examine existing data and product designs to generate hypotheses and plan for high-impact research.
- Design and conduct research that improves the user experience and informs the product roadmap.
- Communicate research plans with cross-functional partners, understand, and balance business requirements and technical constraints with user needs.
- Drive change through research. Make research findings convincing and actionable for both research experts and non-experts.
How To Apply
Please submit your application as instructed in the job advert or Apply from Company Website