Ui Designer (internship) job from Nanoleaf in Greater Toronto Area, ON, Canada
Monday 9th, May 2022
Greater Toronto Area, ON
Salary : CAD 40000
Nanoleaf is a reputed company based in Toronto, ON. We are looking for talented professional from the field of Internship / Undergraduate to join our team as Ui Designer (internship).
We are looking for a UI Designer to join our multidisciplinary UX Team! Under the direction of a UX Lead, you will collaborate cross-functionally with different teams on the Nanoleaf apps. You enjoy pushing the boundaries of design and have an abundance of creative ideas that you’re not afraid to challenge the team with.
Please send your resume, portfolio/website and cover letter to be considered.
Who We’re Looking For
To succeed in this role, the ideal candidate has a strong eye for design and actively follows the design world. You have a strong understanding of design principles and are adaptable in applying these skills across a range of projects. You are proactive, take ownership of your work, and enjoy rising to the challenge. You thrive in a fast-paced work environment and excel at managing multiple projects at once. You are a strong team player with a thirst for learning, a collaborative spirit, and a positive can-do attitude!
For this role, we are considering either an internship or a full time role.
What You’ll Do
As a part of the UX Team, you will help break down complex narratives and translate them into simple and compelling visuals. You will be heavily involved with mobile and desktop design for our upcoming and existing products. You will work closely with the UX lead and the app team for complex projects, while independently managing smaller projects on a daily basis.
The UI Designer will work closely with our mobile, full-stack, embedded and hardware team to deliver a delightful and stunning product experience.
- Design and mockup software UI
- Work closely with industrial designers, product designers, product managers, and developers to bring designs to life
- Passion for Smart Home technology and creating experiences for both hardware and software products
- We are looking for strong candidates looking to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment
- Knowledge and understanding of user-centered design & methodologies
- Proficiency in Figma, Adobe Creative Suite, and willingness to learn new tools
- Confident in communicating design decisions
- A portfolio showcasing past work
- A desire to learn and grow in a collaborative environment
Nice to Haves:
- Smart home technology knowledge
- PC or Console gaming experience
- Knowledge in Adobe After Effects, Figma, or Blender (for low-fidelity 3D renderings)
- Proficiency in a second language (French, German, Mandarin)
If this sounds like you, let's chat!
Who We Are
Nanoleaf creates smart home products that take ordinary experiences and make them extraordinary. We do this by inventing one-of-a-kind products that can help to improve the way we experience our everyday lives, building a strong team of passionate and motivated individuals who want to make an impact in the world, and through always designing with the customers’ needs in mind.
Founded in 2012 by three engineers on a journey to make green technology desirable, the company now has offices in Shenzhen, Paris, and Toronto, Hong Kong, Philippines, and selling in major retailers like Apple, Best Buy, and Home Depot. We are on a mission to build an amazing global brand and team and make a positive impact on the lives of our customers and employees. We love to promote from within, and work towards growing all of our employees toward their potential and career goals. We strive to promote a positive, collaborative and pleasant work culture where everyone can feel welcomed and supported within our Nanoleaf team.
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation
- For full time roles, benefits are available along with a bonus program based on individual and company performance
- Centrally located downtown office that’s steps away from the TTC and Union/King Station
- Opportunity to work in a startup style environment with funding backed by a cash positive business
- A leadership team that cares about what success looks like for you and works with you to map out your career development and growth
- Enjoy the freedom to express your creativity
- Work in a team of positive, passionate and capable peers who love to work hard and play hard together
- Quarterly team building outings
- Remote-friendly approach as COVID-19 restrictions ease up (Work from home + work in the office hybrid model)
- Employee Purchase Program for all of our cool products
- Snacks in the break-room : ) for those in-office days
Learn more about us here:
Instagram | Twitter @nanoleaf
YouTube | Facebook @thenanoleaf
TikTok | Twitch @nanoleafofficial
Job Types: Full-time, Internship / Co-op
Salary: $40,000.00-$65,000.00 per year
- Bonus pay
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Discounted or free food
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
- Stock options
- Store discount
- Work from home
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
We are conducting our interview process remotely.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Greater Toronto Area, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- UX: 1 year (preferred)
How To Apply
Please submit your application as instructed in the job advert or Apply from Company Website