Translator - English To Dutch job from Secret Escapes - Netherlands in Amsterdam, Netherlands
Saturday 7th, May 2022
Secret Escapes - Netherlands is a reputed company based in Amsterdam. We are looking for talented professional from the field of Media / Advertising / Communication / Design to join our team as Translator - English To Dutch.
We're looking for a brilliant Dutch-speaking Content Editor with a passion for luxury travel to write inspiring hotel copy, sub-edit like a pro, and be a general support to the busy Dutch editorial team!
About Secret Escapes
Secret Escapes is the world's leading members-only online travel deals company, offering inspiring travel experiences and hand-picked offers to over 60 million users worldwide across our family of brands.
Operating in 14 countries across Europe, the Secret Escapes Group continues to grow and establish itself as a world-class business, dedicated to giving our members the best range and value in luxury travel deals at low prices.
Founded in 2011, and following a number of acquisitions, we've doubled in size over the last 3 years and have a social-media following the size of a small country. We're a diverse and inclusive bunch of individuals from different backgrounds and with varied interests, but the one thing we all have in common is that we're good people (even if we do say so ourselves!)
Travel is – and should be – exciting, and booking a holiday or hotel should be a great experience. That's what we set out to achieve, and it's the philosophy that drives us on. We want to inspire the world to escape, and we do so with stylish writing, strong imagery, sought-after destinations, luxury hotels and great prices.
We're part of a global editorial team of 28 based across London, Berlin and Amsterdam. We have a great passion for producing excellent content for our customers and have regular opportunities for collaboration with the other departments. We're looking for grafters and self-starters to join the gang, people who can keep up with the fast pace and who want to make a difference. We're friendly, happy, and most importantly, we work really hard. We're not afraid to get our hands dirty and we're all incredibly passionate about our brand.
We're a small Dutch editorial team, based both in London and Amsterdam. We're always juggling several tasks at once and we work hard to meet tight deadlines. We do all of this with a smile on our face, a cookie in our hand and a genuine love for the job (and each other!).
Are you a talented wordsmith and sub-editor with a passion for travel, an eye for detail, an issue with poor grammar and a great sense of humour (without breaking the unwritten codes of taste and decency)? Tick those boxes and we're interested.
Things you'll be working on:
- Researching and writing sales copy for the hotels and destinations that we sell
- Sub-editing existing copy and new copy written by our in-house team
- Working with our bespoke content management system
- Responding to internal requests for copy changes and updates
- Producing content for CRM, social media, marketing campaigns and media sales when needed
- Translating UX copy and CS emails when necessary
The deal breakers:
- Excellent communication and writing skills in Dutch are required for this role
- Outstanding grammar, spelling and proofreading skills
- First-class copywriting skills with at least a years' experience writing for the web
- Quality, accuracy and faultless attention to detail are critical
- Impressive verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate clearly, effectively and appropriately with colleagues at all levels
- Interest in luxury travel
- An ability to quickly understand and write in our house style
- Ability to quickly identify and highlight a property's unique selling points
- Conscientious and driven to achieve results
- Calm under pressure and able to prioritise effectively
- Impressive accuracy and speed
- Innovative, creative and commercially-minded
- Good knowledge of, and genuine interest in, hotels and destinations
- An all-round hard worker who's happy to get stuck in and work on some less-than-exciting tasks. It's not all about five-star hotels here, and you need to tackle everything with enthusiasm and a positive attitude
- Above all, we're a close team who get along well, so someone who's happy, friendly and a team player
Things you should know:
There's no travel involved with the role. You need to be in it for the love of the job and not the globetrotting opportunities.
We are an equal opportunity employer:
Diversity and inclusion are important to us at Secret Escapes and we encourage a culture where everyone can be themselves at work. We value and actively seek out a richly diverse range of talent and our policies ensure that every job application and employee is treated fairly, with equal opportunity to succeed. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to any characteristic protected by law.
How To Apply
Please submit your application as instructed in the job advert or Apply from Company Website