Telecommunications Technician job from Wabtec in Queensland, Australia
Monday 14th, March 2022
Wabtec is a reputed company based in Queensland. We are looking for talented professional from the field of Telecommunications to join our team as Telecommunications Technician.
Wabtec Corporation is a leading global provider of equipment, systems, digital solutions and value-added services for freight and transit rail. Drawing on nearly four centuries of collective experience across Wabtec, GE Transportation and Faiveley Transport, the company has unmatched digital expertise, technological innovation, and world-class manufacturing and services, enabling the digital-rail-and-transit ecosystems. Wabtec is focused on performance that drives progress, creating transportation solutions that move and improve the world. Wabtec has approximately 27,000 employees in facilities throughout the world. Visit the company’s new website at: http://www.WabtecCorp.com .
It’s not just about your career… or your job title…it’s about who you are and the impact you are going to make on the world. Do you want to go into uncharted waters…do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better? Wabtec has been doing that for decades and we will continue to do so! Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, Wabtec delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
The Telecommunications Technician is required t o carry out the installation, maintenance and repair of telecommunications and electronic equipment and report on the performance and condition of the telecommunication asset to ensure safe and effective operation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Install, maintain and repair telecommunication and electronic equipment in accordance with predefined work programs;
- Assist with the repair and adjust mechanical signalling equipment as required;
- Ensure all work is performed in accordance with Workplace Health and Safety (WH&S) requirements and legislative policies including work activities performed by subordinate employees;
- Report on actual work performed against the scheduled work program, and report any equipment performance and condition irregularities;
- Progress the implementation and application of work procedures and practices in pursuit of ensuring continuous quality improvement; and
- Undertake all tasks and activities in a safe manner in accordance with relevant SWP’s.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Telecommunications Technician - Trade Certificate;
- ACMA Open Cabler Registration;
- Experience in railway telecommunications equipment and systems;
- Ability to pass a pre-employment medical and drug screen; and
- Current full Manual C Class Driver’s License
Wabtec Corporation is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that commitment we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you! Wabtec Corporation is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or protected Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
How To Apply
Please submit your application as instructed in the job advert or Apply from Company Website