Technology Operations Intern job from Benevity in Toronto, ON, Canada
Tuesday 15th, March 2022
Benevity is a reputed company based in Toronto, ON. We are looking for talented professional from the field of Production and Operations to join our team as Technology Operations Intern.
Benevity's award-winning corporate purpose software empowers companies and their people to take social action on the issues and causes they care about. Through giving, volunteering, grantmaking and positive actions, we help 650+ clients (and counting!) build better cultures and engage their employees and customers to create greater social and business impact. We're also one of the first B-Corps in Canada, meaning we're as committed to purpose as we are to profits.
Who you are
You are partway through your education, and you are wondering how all the wonderful concepts you have learned get applied. You like to work hard and maybe even have some work experience in retail, restaurants, or some sector of the service industry. You may be involved in a competitive sport. You might even have experience as lifeguard!
At Benevity, problem solving, troubleshooting and code fixes are core elements of your day. Complexity intrigues you, change excites you and automation inspires you. You're cool and methodical during service disruptions, because you enjoy the camaraderie of solving problems with your teammates. And above all, you're a versatile learner with lots of empathy for colleagues who are exploring new cloud technologies to build Benevity's future.
What you will do
- Work on projects to continue to advance our Security Operations; this includes working in web application security; SDLC program guidelines; security awareness program development; vulnerability assessments, threat modelling etc.
- Develop an understanding of security concepts, practices and tools used at Benevity and within the industry
- Assisting with the development and training of security awareness in the organization
- Actively researches and keeps abreast of technology trends in the context of adapting and continuously improving security around web applications
What you bring
- Basic familiarity with information security best practices
- Willingness to learn secure hardening practices
- Desire to learn secure coding principles and best practices for securing web applications
- Desire to learn common application vulnerabilities and attack techniques
- Desire to learn security tools like Nessus, Email Security Gateways and Web Application scanners
- Desire to learn Cloud Computing, Antivirus, IPS/IDS, HTTPS/Ciphers, Security Headers
- Exceptional communication skills including clear and concise writing, an engaging presentation style, and group facilitation.
- Develop professional internal and external relationships with other people passionate about the Benevity mission.
Change the World Through Technology
If you want to be a part of technology teams who are empowered to share their voices (and visions!) as they co-create innovative products for the world's coolest companies, Benevity is the place for you. You'll be an integral part of a tech transformation at a high-growth company that is changing the way businesses and people do good in the world.
You'll get that competitive salary, flexible health benefits, mental health support, a generous bonus program, stock options, a hybrid office/homework environment and so much more. Plus, Benevity's very own MyGoodness program inspires our people to donate, volunteer and take action for the causes and issues they care about.
If you want to help drive tech transformation, you belong at Benevity.
Join a company where DEIB isn't a buzzword
The diverse backgrounds, experiences, skills and passions of our people make it possible for us to keep innovating as the market leader in our space.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging are part of Benevity's DNA. You'll see the impact of our massive investment in DEIB daily—from our Black Employee Network making space for us to have difficult conversations to our Pride events and the exceptional diversity on our leadership and tech teams.
We strive to build a strong culture of Belonging so that every Benevity-ite feels included and can thrive as their authentic selves — in a place where everyone has an equitable opportunity to shine!
A Place for all Genders in Tech
Gender diversity and equality benefits everyone. We're committed to supporting all gender identities and expressions in tech by sharing stories and advocating for equality. We're also proud to partner with forward-thinking organizations like Chic Geek and Next Gen Men, who continue to build a more vibrant, inclusive and diverse technology landscape.
Here at Benevity, we are committed to creating a culture of belonging and that starts with a fair and accessible hiring process. Any candidates with disabilities who may require accommodations throughout the hiring or assessment process, are encouraged to reach out to [email protected].
If you want to feel seen, heard and celebrated, you belong at Benevity.
How To Apply
Please submit your application as instructed in the job advert or Apply from Company Website