Technician (fresh School Leavers/ Experience Professionals) job from Volvo Group in Singapore, Singapore
Monday 14th, March 2022
Volvo Group is a reputed company based in Mira Loma, CA. We are looking for talented professional from the field of School Leavers to join our team as Technician (fresh School Leavers/ Experience Professionals).
- Responsible for performing Volvo Construction Equipment repairs and maintenance work, both in workshop & at job sites as assigned, in accordance with dealer and factory standards. This individual must work independent of direct supervision and also will oversee the work of any trainee or apprentice technician assigned.
- The mechanics is a front-line employee with direct customer contact and is a valued, essential element of dealer success. In addition to technical skills, people skills are vital for effective customer relationship management and decision-making.
- Perform all service tasks assigned and ensure that all service to customer or company-owned equipment is completed efficiently, on time, and correctly according to dealership and factory specifications. Repairs are commonly completed in the field or at a customer site
- Plan work procedures by using related technical literature and personal experience
- Pre-order all parts and materials required to perform assigned repairs
- Ensure all hand tools, camera, pressure gauges, multi-meter, VCADS, & other special tools are available in service vehicles when attending repair or service jobs
- Responsible for diagnosing problems, use testing & diagnostic equipment, disassembly/assembly, repair of the equipment, estimating repair costs and minimizing re-work
- Maintain clean work area, be able to properly use and take care of workplace at field and workshop
- Makes sure that all tools and special equipment used on repairs are clean before being returned and returned to original location in working condition
- Maintain the field vehicle in a manner aimed at ensuring proper operations and condition, clean and cosmetically pleasing manner as per guidelines
- Work safely and used safe techniques and responsible for on-the-job safety practices
- Maintain proper job documentation; working records for time, parts, supplies and outside purchase in repairs and ensure all the records kept are eligible or in compliance with established methods
- Record all record keeping daily from the field, even when no returning to the company daily
- Completes repairs within performance standards guidelines as set by the dealer: repair time, quality of repairs / amount of rework, quantity of repairs / labor efficiency and other measures
- Make sure all repair jobs completed with the cause of failures identified and match to the solutions necessary to affect a repair
- Reports additional work as found on machines and notify his supervisor regarding the progress of the repair job
- Provides advices to customers to resolve operational issues that are causing machine failures
- Collection of machine performance data and feedback the same
- Participates in all training required and offered by the dealer and manufacturer
- Stays up-to-date with current heavy equipment technology and information provided through supervisor
- Ensure all parts and materials not used are returned as per company guidelines
- Save and properly handover the warranty parts to his supervisor after the job is completed
- Leads work of any apprentice / trainee technicians as assigned
- Making personal appearance in a professional and neat condition
- Conducts himself in a proper business manner reflecting respect and honesty and contributes to building excellent company/customer relationships
- Follow all company safety policies and procedures, and immediately report any and all accidents to a manager or supervisor
- Understand and follow national and local regulations, such as those governing the disposal of hazardous wastes
- Perform duties as assigned by his supervisor after official working hours as required
- Performs other duties assigned by his supervisor
- External - Customers
- Internal - Service Admin, Machine and Parts Sales team, Regional Product Technical Support
Required knowledge & experience
Education/Professional Qualifications required for the position
- Diploma and/or technical school program in: diesel engines and fuel systems, hydraulics and hydrostatics, power trains, electrical and electronics, air conditioning and climate control systems and proper safety & environmental practices
- Minimum 2 (two) years experience in the repair and overhaul of heavy equipment and its components
- Strong interest in equipment technology as well as mechanical ability
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions and technical literature
- Strong customer orientation, the people skills to work effectively with company personnel & customers and promote excellent customer relationships at all times.
- Valid driver’s license and a good driving record
- Ability to perform heavy physical labor
The role will be based in Singapore, on local package.
Fresh school leavers are welcome to apply, on the job technical training will be provided.
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Construction Equipment is a global company driven by passion, curiosity and by our purpose: to build the world we want to live in. We believe that only through imagination and teamwork can we develop a world that is cleaner, smarter and more connected. Our company culture reflects this belief through the care and trust it places in our customers, employees and suppliers. People are at the heart of our business. It is through our strong network of talented, enquiring and innovative minds that we have been able to pave the way towards a more sustainable future. The global construction industry is our arena and our employees are our greatest assets.
We can only continue to stand out as industry leaders through the people driving us forwards. Come be a part of our team and help us build tomorrow.
Auto req ID
State / Province
Travel Required (maximum)
Last application date
How To Apply
Please submit your application as instructed in the job advert or Apply from Company Website