System Administrator job from Metal Toad Media in SÃ£o Paulo, SP, Brazil
Saturday 7th, May 2022
SÃ£o Paulo, SP
Metal Toad Media is a reputed company based in SÃ£o Paulo, SP. We are looking for talented professional from the field of IT-Hardware / Networking to join our team as System Administrator.
You love solving hard problems having to do with things like scale, performance and availability. You are passionate system and network uptime, taking the time to prevent problems and identify risks. You are someone who thrives on contributing in huge ways with a top-notch team to create products that have a positive impact on all who use it. Metal Toad is looking for talented and keen technologist to join our Managed Services team. You'll be taking on an eclectic mixture of tasks, software and systems, and will be helping to build, and maintain the core infrastructure. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, learn new skills while improving on existing ones, all the while maintaining a positive and "can do" attitude. This candidate will be passionate about open source software, agile practices and DevOps values.
Metal Toad manages installations on a variety of public and private clouds.
- Builds systems by executing installation, configuration, and testing of cloud resources.
- Uses automation and configuration management to ensure repeatability and traceability of changes.
- Identifies gaps in system and infrastructure maintenance or management.
- Troubleshoots system hardware, software, networks, and operating systems.
- Protects integrity and security of systems by developing access controls, monitoring tools, and provides written evaluation and recommendations for ongoing improvement.
- Maintains system performance through system monitoring and analysis, performance tuning, and planning for future growth.
- Maintains internal systems and customer deployment documentation.
- Partners with project managers, technical consultants, software architects, and developers to ensure infrastructure deliverables are validated against the requirements, and all technical hand-offs are documented.
- Part of a 24x7 on-call rotation (approx. 1 week per month).
- Responds to support tickets and incidents in a timely manner, corresponding to SLA commitments.
- Contributes to definition of best practices, operational policies, and procedures.
- Establishes, documents, and tests disaster recovery procedures, documents outcomes, and makes recommendations for ongoing improvement.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations.
- Agrees to our Corporate Values Statement
- Believe in the company mission
- Experience managing Windows and Linux environments.
- Configuration management experience (Puppet or Chef)
- Scripting language experience (Python, Ruby, Bash)
- Deep knowledge of TCP/IP and HTTP protocols, and browser dev tools
- Problem solver and willing to work in an agile/fast-paced environment
- Good communication skills and customer oriented
- Willing to react to system problems in off hours and weekends if necessary
TECHNOLOGIES WE USE
- Linux (CentOS/RedHat, Ubuntu)
- Windows Server
- Amazon Web Services, Azure
- Varnish, CloudFlare, Akamai
- Puppet and Chef
- We host projects utilizing LAMP, Solr, Tomcat, Python, Node.js, and are open-minded about others.
Recognized as FORTUNE Great place to work in 2018, and one of 100 Best Places to Work in Oregon 2017 & 2015, as well as 1 of only 10 Amazon Web Services Advanced Consulting Partner globally, the multi-office (Portland and Los Angeles) work environment at Metal Toad is a vibrant, collaborative one where we nurture personal and professional growth. Our mission is to help people. Whether it be our clients (including Daimler, DC Comics, The Golden Globes, Intel, Sony, and Siemens Wind Power) or our community at large, we aim to make a positive impact. We choose our candidates a little differently than other companies. We hire for cultural alignment, and look for people who embody and share our values. You can expect your fellow Toads to be respectful, curious, helpful, efficient and committed high standards.
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Salary: R$2,000.00 - R$4,000.00 per month
- english (Required)
How To Apply
Please submit your application as instructed in the job advert or Apply from Company Website