Student Researcher, Ms, 2022 job from Google in Toronto, ON, Canada
Monday 9th, May 2022
Google is a reputed company based in Belgrave House, 76, London. We are looking for talented professional from the field of Internship / Undergraduate to join our team as Student Researcher, Ms, 2022.
Participation in this program requires that you are located in Canada for the duration of the engagement.
NOTE: This opportunity is intended for students who are pursuing a MS degree with an anticipated graduation date after December 2023, depending on their program and unique circumstances. If you are graduating before December 2023, we encourage you to apply to the Research Internship opening.
To start the application process, you will need an updated CV or resume and a current unofficial or official transcript in English (PDFs preferred). Please ensure your anticipated graduation dates (in MM/YY) and any proficiency in coding languages are listed on resume
Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: Toronto, ON, Canada; Waterloo, ON, Canada.
- Currently enrolled in a Master's degree in Computer Science, Linguistics, Statistics, Biostatistics, Applied Mathematics, Operations Research, Economics, Natural Sciences, or a related technical field.
- Experience in one area of computer science (e.g., Natural Language Understanding, Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Algorithmic Foundations of Optimization, Quantum Information Science, Data Science, Software Engineering, or similar).
- Currently enrolled in a full-time degree program and returning to the program after completion of the internship.
- Currently attending a degree program in Canada.
- Experience as a researcher, including internships, full-time, or at a lab.
- Experience contributing to research communities or efforts, including publishing papers in major conferences or journals.
- Experience with one or more general purpose programming languages, including: C/C++, Java, MATLAB, Go, Python, or similar.
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently.
About the job
The Student Researcher Program’s primary objective is to foster academic collaborations with students through research at Google. Join us for a paid Student Researcher position that offers the opportunity to work directly with Google research scientists and engineers on cutting-edge research projects.
The Student Researcher Program offers more opportunities for research students to work on critical research projects at Google in a less structured way. The program allows for flexibility beyond the limitations of our traditional internship program on aspects such as duration, time commitment, and working location (with options for on-site or remote). The topics student researchers work on tend to be open-ended and exploratory, and don't always have a clear deliverable like a traditional internship would.
Google Research is building the next generation of intelligent systems for all Google products. To achieve this, we’re working on projects that utilize the latest computer science techniques developed by skilled software engineers and research scientists. Google Research teams collaborate closely with other teams across Google, maintaining the flexibility and versatility required to adapt new projects and foci that meet the demands of the world's fast-paced business needs.
- Participate in research to develop solutions for real-world, large-scale problems.
How To Apply
Please submit your application as instructed in the job advert or Apply from Company Website