Splicing And Cabling Operatives job from Circet in Dublin, County Dublin, Ireland
Monday 14th, March 2022
Dublin, County Dublin
Circet is a reputed company based in Dublin, County Dublin. We are looking for talented professional from the field of Telecommunications to join our team as Splicing And Cabling Operatives.
Location: ROI Nationwide
On the back of an ever-increasing workload, Circet Ireland are looking for experienced Cabling & Splicing Operatives.
As part of a 2 man crew, you will report into the Supervisor/FLM. You will be working on the upgrade & maintenance of National Telecoms Infrastructure projects.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Test Roding and Roping of UG Ducts
- The identification of traffic management requirements
- The identification of tree cutting requirements if works are OH
- The production of SLD’s on successful completion of tasks
· Prep and splice fibre optic cables as laid out in the splicing matrix.
· Have experience with various splice closures.
· Operate an optical power meter & OTDR for Testing/Fault finding.
- Reading an understanding Microsoft Word/Excel/PDF based Job Packs
- Reading and understanding duct diagrams
- Working in confined spaces
- Working outdoors in all weathers.
- Travel to and from various exchange locations on completion of works
- Work to PON completion deadlines to ensure operational requirements are met
- Attend accredited training courses if required
- Adhere to all KN Circet Health and Safety policies at all times
- · Previous Telecom experience & good understanding of the copper network
- · First Aid
- · Manual Handling
- · Hold a valid Street Works Operative License
- · Hold overhead, jointing and cable accreditation modules (Desirable)
- · Full Driving License (C / C1E / CE License Desirable)
- · Cherry Picker Certificate (Desirable)
Health &* Safety Compliance: *
- Monitor site practices and routines to ensure compliance with relevant legislation and regulations, including the
- company H & S Policy, to minimize the likelihood of accidents and the resulting fines and compensation claims.
- Ensure training needs are identified and, in conjunction with HSEQ Department, arrange for personnel to attend
- such courses as are necessary. Failure to embrace a safe and secure environment can result in disciplinary
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
How To Apply
Please submit your application as instructed in the job advert or Apply from Company Website