Senior Procurement Specialist job from Alberta Gaming, Liquor and Cannabis in St. Albert, AB, Canada
Tuesday 15th, March 2022
St. Albert, AB
Alberta Gaming, Liquor and Cannabis is a reputed company based in St. Albert, AB. We are looking for talented professional from the field of Supply Chain / Logistics / Procurement to join our team as Senior Procurement Specialist.
Senior Procurement Specialist
Alberta Gaming, Liquor & Cannabis (AGLC) is a dynamic organization leading Alberta’s gaming, liquor and cannabis industries. Our team of high performers is driven to provide our customers with outstanding service and Albertans with choices they can trust.
ABOUT CORPORATE SERVICES*
This Corporate Services Division provides corporate business support services for AGLC. It consists of the Office of the CFO, Corporate Operations, Finance, Procurement, Properties, Strategy, Enterprise Risk Management and Internal Audit.
ABOUT THE POSITION*
Senior Procurement Specialist
Job Req: 1118
Location: St. Albert Office
Division/Branch: Corporate Services / Procurement
Classification: Information Officer 4 (044)
Employment Status: Permanent Full Time
Salary: $73,171.35 - $95,912.28
Advertising: Internal and External
Closing Date: March 25, 2022
Do you have experience in Government Procurement and working knowledge of various trade legislations and Canadian Contract Law? If you do, this Senior Procurement Specialist is a great opportunity for you! AGLC is offering this as a full time telecommuting opportunity.
The Senior Procurement Specialist is responsible for leading teams of clients to procure medium to high dollar services (general, information technology, and construction related) where the value, risk and complexity often require multiple bids. The Contracted Services unit provides progressive and proactive procurement services to help business areas achieve their objectives, while striking the appropriate balance between serving customers’ business needs and compliance with applicable policies, legislation and contract law. The Senior Procurement Specialist delivers procurement services that add value to the AGLC and that enable the achievement of business objectives while demonstrating excellence, fairness, integrity, openness and transparency in all aspects of their work.
The Senior Procurement Specialist’s responsibilities include procurement delivery, stakeholder relationships, and contract and vendor performance management. The Senior Procurement Specialist also supports the Manager in policy and process development and in planning and coordination.
The successful candidate will require the ability to analyze ambiguous information and apply creative, critical thinking skills and professional judgment to resolve problems. The ability to work independently, effectively prioritize and plan multiple projects, and to lead teams of clients is key in this role.
SKILLS & ABILITIES*
- University Degree in a business related discipline from a recognized University or College is required.
- Minimum of four (4) years progressively responsible experience in government procurement of a diverse variety of services, in an organization of similar size, complexity and diversity, including RFx development, competitive bidding, negotiating and contract drafting is required. Experience in information technology related services is highly desired.
- Professional Designation or Certification through the SCMA and/or the NIGP, or demonstrated commitment to obtaining certification, is strongly preferred.
- To be eligible to work for AGLC, you must be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or eligible to work in Canada.
- While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
- As a condition of employment, you will be required to obtain a satisfactory security clearance and clean drivers abstract (if necessary) prior to employment.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered. Candidates with lesser qualifications may be considered at a lower classification and salary. This recruitment may be used to fill future vacancies.
- AGLC is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time
How To Apply
Please submit your application as instructed in the job advert or Apply from Company Website