Senior Hardware Engineer job from Trackunit in London, ON, Canada
Tuesday 15th, March 2022
Trackunit is a reputed company based in London, ON. We are looking for talented professional from the field of IT-Hardware / Networking to join our team as Senior Hardware Engineer.
Coming Together To Connect Construction
We’re committed to construction - one of the largest industries in the world. Over the past two decades, Trackunit has been pioneering technological progress within construction. Today, we are not only a leading IoT provider but a thought leader, supporting and driving the agenda for an entire industry on a global scale.
We believe in taking a people approach in everything we do. Being human-centric is not restricted to our products – it’s a way of life at Trackunit. We’re proud to be a truly global team. Our colleagues get together in hubs spread across the globe, but we embrace the idea of working remotely and in environments that inspire you. Everything we do, we do it to eliminate downtime and build the most useful industry for the world.
The question is: Are you in?
We are looking for an experienced Senior Hardware Engineer with a broad skill set and a true passion to be part of a team developing new world-class products. Your projects are your responsibility, so expect to be heard and strive to make an impact, while ensuring that products are designed for manufacturing, high quality and durability to keep a leading performance in our industry.
As a Senior Hardware Engineer, you will join our team of 70+ engineers where you'll be working alongside a core hardware product team of talented colleagues that dares to take chances and risks to find the best solutions. You will work on a large range of tasks, from improving and maintaining existing products to introducing new products and being part of brand innovation concepts, features, and value adding products.
With locations in the hearts of London or Kitchener ON we offer you a flexible setup with the possibility to work from one of our locations or remotely from anywhere in Ontario.
Every day is different, but you can expect to:
- Develop new hardware products and accessories to solve real-life customer problems.
- Test, qualify and ramp up new products prior to market launch.
- Provide mentoring, coaching and motivation to your team so they can reach their full potential.
- Work on cross-functional team projects locally and abroad with internal Team Leads, and Managers, and external PCB Layout, Mechanical, RF Design and other Engineering partners.
- Extend and improve processes and external network of partners being used.
- Problem-solve, debug, and improvement existing products.
- Launch HW Qualification tests, and contribute to getting regulatory type approvals on new products.
- Work with product managers and engineers who are eager to get your take on issues.
- Bring forward new ways to solve technical problems and take ownership to see those solutions through to launch.
- Improve and scale our platform as we continue to grow our business.
Who are you?
- 5+ years of experience Hardware Engineer, Technician, Tech Lead, Architect or similar with management experience.
- You are passionate about Hardware Products but as excited about full IoT Systems as well.
- You think through the full product lifecycle - and understand the importance and interaction from idea, development, production, market launch and the following product support.
- You know Hardware design inside-out, can easily explain a block diagram or HW schematics.
- Experience with Mobile Technologies such as GSM, LTE, LTE-M, NB-IoT, or 5G and Wireless Connectivity such as Bluetooth, UltraWideband, or WiFi would be a benefit.
- You have an agile approach and are able to change direction quickly, and showing an eagerness to learn new technologies as the need arises.
- You stay up to date with new technology and trends, especially on the IoT HW.
What’s in it for you?
- A place in an agile growth SaaS business, with possibilities to grow internally in the company.
- Great personal development opportunities through i.e. training, coaching, and mindfulness.
- International environment with biweekly check-ins with the whole company.
- Social events across teams/departments.
- Continual learning of emerging technologies and industry trends and focus on personal and professional development.
- Attractive pension and benefits package.
A scale-up with a start-up mentality
We perform at our best in an agile and autonomous environment where we influence our own development and technological development. We embrace the idea of working remotely and in environments that optimizes your work in the best way. In many ways Trackunit act as a startup company with short communication lines and plenty of room for the employees to influence their job and responsibilities. You’ll be working in a rapidly growing international company with a culture reflecting the fun, informal, and innovative approaches to work-life balance.
Trackunit – challenging the status quo to eliminate downtime
Trackunit is a fast-growing company and a leading supplier of IoT solutions, operating out of eight offices worldwide. Trackunit specializes in digital solutions that connect machines, people, and systems in the global construction industry. The construction industry is the least digitalized industry of all. This lack of digitalization has left construction far behind a global economy on the rise and placed the industry as one of the least productive industries too.
That’s why we challenge the status quo in the way we collect, analyze and present data in real-time to deliver actionable insights – empowering our customers with data to run their businesses better – and take one step closer to the elimination of downtime.
Read more on www.trackunit.com
Trackunit provides accommodations for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. Candidates requiring accommodations during the recruitment process are asked to contact the People and Talents team. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Monday to Friday
How To Apply
Please submit your application as instructed in the job advert or Apply from Company Website