Senior Backend Developer (php) (full Remote Possible) job from Convelio in Paris (75), France
Saturday 7th, May 2022
Convelio is a reputed company based in Paris (75). We are looking for talented professional from the field of IT-Software / Internet to join our team as Senior Backend Developer (php) (full Remote Possible).
Who Are We?
Convelio is a licensed freight forwarding startup evolving at the intersection of Tech, Logistics and the Art World. The startup specialises in the global shipping of high-end goods: paintings, sculptures, basically any valuable or bulky merchandise.
We've developed our own proprietary algorithm to offer competitive real-time shipping quotes and an end-to-end logistics service to the art market. Our mission is to become a tech-driven company in a traditional industry, and therefore make the shipping of bulky and valuable items as easy as possible for any business across the world by providing an online and seamless experience.
We currently serve a wide range of customers from art galleries, antique dealers, auction houses, online platforms to interior designers.
With 200+ colleagues scattered across Paris & London and now New York as well, Convelio has a strong start-up & international culture. We thrive in solving complex logistics issues for our clients, enabling both sellers and buyers in the art market. We are backed by proven technology, prominent VC’s, and boast a global network and the resources (€30 million Series B funding in March 2022) to seize the market opportunity
Why Tech & Product at Convelio is fundamental and exciting
Our company is technology-driven and is growing the Product & Tech teams to build new digital solutions for both its clients and its suppliers in the art industry.
We have different great products in constant communication, that are developed to bring the fine-art market to a whole new level.
We are building tech for:
- Art sellers, with our Instant Quoting tool for their shipping - a revolution in a market where shipping is slow, complex and opaque. Also, our API allows art galleries, auction houses and other art sellers to display our shipping prices directly on their website - a way to bring transparency and speed into their processes.
- Art-shippers, to help our suppliers manage their operations easier thanks to data and process automation, gain in efficiency and save time on low added value tasks
- Art-logisticians (us!), to automate most of the logistics chain, improve internal processes for our teams and design an enjoyable working experience...and a lot more!
Shipping is considered as one of the biggest challenges in growing the online art market. We believe technology will provide unmatched customer experience through digital services and optimize operations efficiency through automation of logistics.
Our main engineering challenges :
- Integrate with major Internet marketplaces’ APIs
- Explore microservice architecture
- Ensure availability of our services on multiple regions
- Implement DDD
- Migrate our backend Framework to Symfony
What your team will look like
By being part of Convelio, you’ll join a growing and passionate Tech team of 20 people, whose mission is to improve and maintain the Convelio platforms, working hand in hand with the Product team. As a Senior Back-End Developer, you will work in strong collaboration with the members of your multi-disciplinary Squad, our DevOps team, our CTO and our Product Team to iterate on our product, define API requirements, contribute to our core backend and implement new features.
What you'll do
- Design and build new performing and scalable features to answer our customer’s evolving needs
- Ensure the robustness of our code and its quality by implementing and improving our testing strategy
- Document new developments using Notion
- Review team members’ code Help shift the backend stack from a monolith to microservices in order to prepare common growth issues (scalability, maintainability, performance, etc.)
- Suggest ideas to improve our development standards and processes
- Work and communicate with Operations & Sales teams on implementing new features
Our technical stack includes...
- Application Framework: Zend/Laminas, Angular
- Testing: PHPUnit, Behat
- Data Storage: MySQL
- Hosting: Google Cloud Platform
- Tools: Docker, Datadog, Github, SonarQube
- Project management: Product Board, Trello, Notion
What we Offer
- Possibility to work remotely as much as you want (also after Covid-19!)
- If you want to come to the office: we do have a very pleasant office environment to learn and thrive in: new bright offices in a nice district in the center of Paris!
- Mac or PC of your choice, it’s up to you!
- We can select the IDE of your choice for you to work with
- A dynamic team with diverse and highly advanced skill sets to learn from
- Autonomy to suggest improvements in team processes and development strategy
- The chance to work in an exciting and fast-growing Tech-Logistics company : it’s a key moment to join Convelio in terms of growth and opportunities.
- Healthcare complement with Alan
- Meal vouchers with Swile (6€/worked day, free of charges)
- Regular team buildings even when working remotely (escape games, video games, remote painting initiation, summer/christmas parties...)
- 4+ years of experience in OOP back-end development
- You have experience on PHP coupled with an OOP framework (Zend/Symfony/Laravel...)
- You have a good knowledge in relational databases concepts and SQL
- A knowledge of Google Cloud Platform or any other public cloud is a plus
- You have a good knowledge in designing, building and maintaining APIs
- You like to chat with non-technical people - at Convelio, we are deeply convinced we won’t be able to build a great product without interacting with other teams.
- First 30 min call interview
- Technical Test
- 1 hour interview with CTO & Head of Product
- Interviews with HR & 1 Founder
- Meet the team!
- Final step: reference check : )
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From 45,000.00€ per year
- Unlimited remote
- Limited capacity in the office
- Social distancing
- Mandatory mask at all times in the office
- Hand sanitizer available
- OOP PHP development: 4 years (Required)
- English fluently (Required)
- French (any proficiency) (Preferred)
How To Apply
Please submit your application as instructed in the job advert or Apply from Company Website