Senior Back-end Developer Healthtech (eng) job from Pharmi in Eindhoven, Netherlands
Tuesday 15th, March 2022
Pharmi is a reputed company based in Eindhoven. We are looking for talented professional from the field of Environment/ Health & Safety to join our team as Senior Back-end Developer Healthtech (eng).
Help build a platform that makes medicine safer. With which we prevent patients from being unnecessarily hospitalized. All this in a role in which, in addition to hands-on development, you also decide on the architecture, infrastructure and tooling and implement them together with your fellow developers.
Want to know what impact you are going to make as a senior back-end developer at Pharmi? Then read on!
Did you know that annually more than 19,000 hospital admissions in the Netherlands could be prevented if patients take their medication correctly and that 30% of all patients do not fully understand the leaflet of their medication? At the same time, pharmacists have less and less time and resources and are looking for new ways to inform patients about their medication.
We are Pharmi, a healthtech company, and with our eHealth applications we want to make pharmaceutical care more accessible for everyone.
We’re a small team with short and informal lines of communication. We believe in breaking down grand ideas into valuable and achievable goals where we continuously learn, improve and adjust.
What you’ll be doing
As a senior back-end developer at Pharmi, you’ll take the lead in the Agile software development team we’re setting up. You’re largely responsible for designing and building new functionalities for our product MedicijnWijs. Based on your vision of software development and its concrete translation to our platform, you ensure focus and knowledge sharing within the team.
The focus in your daily work is on back-end development, but you’ll also pick up front-end work like building a front-end and styling websites.
What you’ll also be doing as a senior back-end developer:
You’ll play an important role in the further development of our API so it can be integrated as good as possible with the environments of our customers.
- You’ll advise on future choices for our platform in terms of architecture, tooling and automated testing.
- You’ll work on security issues, such as data security of (personal) data in other countries.
- You’ll help the team save time by improving the CI/CD setup and determine what to automate and what not.
- You’ll define the overall structure of the code and set goals for the team around refactoring to minimize complexity of the codebase.
- You’ll challenge the stakeholders on their wishes for new functionalities to reduce complexity and make sure we build what is needed.
- You’ll design a scalable cloud infrastructure for our platform and guide the team in its implementation.
You’ll work a lot with our CTO Rik (who is just as hands-on as you), as well as with our CPO Jeroen. In addition, you'll interact with the external partner who built our platform. They share their platform knowledge with you so that you and your Pharmi colleagues can continue to build the platform and the API integrations with existing pharmaceutical software systems.
We are a start-up, which means we’re facing new choices every day. Based on your experience with for example Cloud (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud), DevOps or security you’ll advise the CTO on the tools and frameworks that’ll help us move forward. Our social mission is always at the forefront: how do we make our platform more user-friendly, faster and safer?
What we’ll offer
- A gross monthly salary starting at € 4500 up to € 5800 on a fulltime basis
- Ability to work part-time (80% or 90%)
- ️ 20 vacation days
- 8% holiday pay
- The latest MacBook so you can look cool while you contribute to our mission to make pharmaceutical care more accessible
- Annual budget for training, coaching, attending conferences and whatever else you need for your personal and professional growth
- Travel allowance if you come by car or public transport to our office at the High Tech Campus in Eindhoven or our office in Limburg
- Flexible working hours. Working from your favorite beach should be possible, right?
- We work partially remote (3-4 days per week) and our intention is to keep it that way
What you’ll bring
We don't do long lists with job requirements, after all, you’ve already read what you’ll do as a back-end developer at Pharmi and what we expect from you.
What we do ask of you:
- You live in the Netherlands and are fluent in English (and preferably also Dutch)
- You have an IT-related BSc degree
- You have at least 6 years of experience as a back-end or full-stack developer
Good to know: Our main tech stack is Django, Python and React. In addition, we use Flutter for our multi-platform mobile app. Have you worked a lot with .NET, Laravel and/or Angular so far and are you someone who easily learns new tools and programming languages? Then we'll help you master our stack in no time.
Do you see yourself working in the role as described above?
Then apply via the button below!
Do you have any questions about the position? Please email Wendy van Wijngaarden, Tech Recruiter at [email protected].
How To Apply
Please submit your application as instructed in the job advert or Apply from Company Website