Senior Analyst Risk & Controls Karachi, Pakistan Finance job from Philip Morris International in Karachi, Pakistan
Sunday 8th, May 2022
Philip Morris International is a reputed company based in Crespellano, Emilia-Romagna. We are looking for talented professional from the field of Insurance to join our team as Senior Analyst Risk & Controls Karachi, Pakistan Finance.
At PMI, we’ve chosen to do something incredible. We’re totally transforming our business, and building our future on smoke-free products with the power to deliver a smoke-free future.
With huge change, comes huge opportunity. So, wherever you join us, you’ll enjoy the freedom dream up and deliver, better, brighter solutions and the space to move your career forward in endlessly different directions. You’ll have the opportunity to make an impact.
We're looking for a Senior Analyst Risk & Controls based at our head office in Karachi, Pakistan. Bring us your curiosity and a desire to challenge the everyday routine, and we’ll give you lots of responsibility. You’ll help us improve, inject innovation and build new ways of working that span the whole world.
With PMI’s journey towards a smoke-free future and a consumer-centric organization, the company faces new opportunities and risks. To safeguard the company’s business objectives, ensure its delivery against strategic opportunities, and protect the company against emerging uncertainties, professional and industry-leading risk management and internal controls' practice is required. The Risk & Controls (R&C) function within PMI defines, leads, monitors the risk management and internal controls' practices, and drives the various activities surrounding it.
The incumbent is responsible for:
1. Implementing the market strategy and ongoing enterprise risk management and internal controls activities (i.e. risk assessment, advisory and review activities) to support the R&C central & regional function, and enable the market management with risk-based decision-making; and
2. Supporting and implementing the ground-breaking activities led by the global Risk & Controls function to establish mature and industry-leading risk management and internal controls' practice underpinned by efficient risk management processes.
1. Drive ongoing Integrated Risk Assessment (IRA) exercise, including annual risk assessment, for the market. Ensure a process is there to identify, assess, monitor, and recommend mitigating responses to key risks in the market. Ensure a risk-based approach is applied when defining risk responses and assigning resources, with the main focus on global risks/projects. Contribute to continuous risk assessment by sharing obtained information and insights.
2. Ensure the IRA plan is timely implemented in the market and adequate support is provided to global projects. All changes to the risk landscape and IRA plan should be aligned with the R&C Manager & communicated to the Market Management Team. Perform quality checks over the reports.
3. Support Manager R&C in preparing the regional update for the pre-close meeting. Provide changes in the risk landscape including new/emerging risks, key R&C activities during the quarter, update on issues and frauds.
4. Promote risk culture in the organization by regularly engaging with the stakeholders and communicating updates/changes in the risk landscape and related responses. Ensure full and factual information is given to avoid confusion & conflict.
5. Conduct quarterly meetings with the market management team (MRGC meeting) to provide them updated on emerging risks, issues, and activities of the R&C. Prepare and communicate easy-to-understand yet impactful risk management and internal controls related insights for the markets.
6. Responsible for the design of financial reporting controls during the advisory engagements and communicating to the IBS team. Perform testing over SOX controls under the responsibility of market R&C, report issues identified during the process, including review of the action plan, issue evaluation, etc. in line with PMI best practices and ICFR methodology.
7. Provide support to the R&C Central Team in global projects/activities. Collaborate with the regional R&C team members, other regional teams, central R&C team members including IBS, Market Teams, other assurance functions (InfoSec, Data Privacy, Ethics & Compliance, and CAD).
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- University degree (MSc) level education (e.g. Economics, Mathematics, Finance, Informatics, etc.)
- Post University Professional Certification/Education – examples: Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Executive Master Internal/Operational Auditor (EMIA), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Governance Risk Compliance Professional (GRCP) Certification, etc.
1. Minimum 4 years of experience in (Enterprise) Risk Management, Internal Controls, GRC, Audit, Accounting, Finance, or a combination of the six.
2. Relevant experience in:
- ‘Big Four’ and/or other public accounting/audit/consulting
- Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMGC) and Business-to-Consumer (B2C) sectors
- Digitization and transformation projects
- Multi-year international / global assignments
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
1. Relationship Building & Positive Friction: Build an enduring relationship with all partners. Use a data-driven approach to challenge constructively, assimilate different points of view and share your own opinion.
2. Change Architect: Take action and guide the team in times of ambiguity and optimally work with internal customers.
3. Business Acumen: Deep understanding of the business operation, commercial landscape, regulatory environment, and market specifics.
4. Bring Real Insights: Leverage data to bring insights and identify areas of high/emerging risks, and articulate them clearly.
5. Digital & Technology: Understand all technology-related risks, including data protection, privacy, and impact of using technology.
6. Project Management: Drive, structure, oversee or support key projects and embed new ways of working.
7. Risk Assurance & Process Excellence:
- Constantly look for opportunities to increase knowledge of Risk and Controls.
- Knowledge & experience of the SOX program.
- Ensure teams are providing effective controls and process guidance with high-quality results.
- Share / learn from other markets/regions.
1. Consumer First: Put consumers/customers first to work as one PMI team. Willingness to work with other markets/regions/ central team, breaking down barriers, and working as One R&C team to help achieve our goals. Champion our new ways of working to quickly adapt and meet our consumer/customer needs.
2. Forward Looking: Ask the right questions and then work with others to arrive at the right answers. Seek different perspectives and ideas from multiple sources. Take decisions on time to achieve timely goals/objectives.
3. Empowering People:
- Give clear direction, measurable objectives & guidance to the direct / indirect team. Proactively seek and share feedback, and act upon it to help strengthen the organization and develop people. Motivate team members by engaging and empowering them, and ensure people know precisely what is expected of them and what success looks like.
- Foster an inclusive environment enabling us to attract and retain a diverse workforce who can help deliver PMI’s vision of a smoke-free future. Create a work environment where personal situations are understood, differences are valued, and everyone is treated with fairness and respect. Everyone should feel supported, respected, and have the opportunity to achieve their full potential, regardless of their gender, age, race, nationality, gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, disability, or any other diverse characteristic that makes them themselves, visible or invisible.
- Fluent written and verbal English language skills
- Effective communication and presentation skills.
- Curious mindset and positive attitude. Self-starter.
WHAT PMI OFFERS
- We’re international. Our global workforce of more than 70,000 and our employees speak more than 80 languages
- We’re flexible. your work fits you and not the other way round, thanks to our Flexible Work Arrangement Program
- We’re a certified top employer! This position will advance your experience with innovative technologies, services, and processes. Backed by an attractive salary and compensation package, you will work in a professional environment and team members from all over the world. PMI is the first multinational company in Switzerland to acquire the Equal-Salary label.
- PMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer
How To Apply
Please submit your application as instructed in the job advert or Apply from Company Website