Security Officer job from Historic Royal Palaces in London, United Kingdom
Monday 14th, March 2022
Historic Royal Palaces is a reputed company based in London. We are looking for talented professional from the field of Security / Military to join our team as Security Officer.
We currently have vacancies for 3 Established (permanent) full-time Security Officers based at HM Tower of London, working approximately 42 hours per week.
You will be part of the Tower of London Security Team ensuring the provision of a safe and secure environment to all visitors, staff residents and guests. You must have high moral and ethical standards and treat all persons with dignity and respect, where values underpin all you do.
You must demonstrate a high level of motivation and enthusiasm, to provide the very best environment in which to live and work for all persons and customers – both internal and external. You will provide both a high level of customer care security awareness and provide support for our other visitor frontline teams.
Your remit will be varied and far-reaching and duties will include:
- Meeting and greeting visitors.
- Bag searches.
- Controlling all pedestrian and vehicle activity and access to the Palace including key control.
- Taking regular patrols, enhancing security levels and maintaining a vigilant presence.
- Responding to alarms, escalated security incidents and suspicious behaviour.
- Providing a safe and secure environment for visitors, staff and residents.
- Providing security services for evening functions and events.
- Dealing with Metropolitan Police and Emergency Services when required.
- Managing the Business reception desk, offering a welcoming and professional point of contact for visitors and contractors.
- Projecting a smart, efficient and helpful image at all times.
The successful candidate must have an enthusiastic professional approach, have high standards, be punctual and have good personal presentation, excellent customer service and communication skills. You will be working with a small team, so being a “people person” is a must, respecting all persons and differences. You should also possess a flexible approach to working, and be aware that outdoor working in all weathers can be involved.
We’re looking for someone who can work both as part of a team and on their own. Preferably the holder of a current SIA licence, you must possess the ability to think and act quickly and decisively in emergencies or under pressure. You would be able to use your own initiative to identify better ways of working and ensure excellent customer service.
Interview date tbc.
Historic Royal Palaces is an equal opportunities employer and truly values a diverse workforce. Applications are welcome from candidates regardless of their background.
How To Apply
Please submit your application as instructed in the job advert or Apply from Company Website