Security Agent (part Time) job from FAIRMONT in Toronto, ON, Canada
Monday 14th, March 2022
FAIRMONT is a reputed company based in Austin, TX 73301. We are looking for talented professional from the field of Security / Military to join our team as Security Agent (part Time).
Security Agent (part time)
Are you someone who enjoys helping others and building connections to make everyone feel special and to create a sense of belonging? If yes, then we want YOU to be part of our Fairmont Royal York family.
Every day you will be responsible for engaging with our guests, clients and colleagues. You will create the essential Toronto experience at the hotel that has been a Canadian icon for over 91 years. You will be given the responsibility to ensure that our guests and colleagues feel WELCOMED, CARED FOR and INCREDIBLE. Being part of the Fairmont Royal York family is more than providing warm and consistent service. As an ambassador of Fairmont Royal York, you will take the initiatives necessary to turn moments into memories by taking the time to understand our guests’ purposes: why are they staying at Fairmont Royal York, what is their length of stay and what are their preferences and passions? Making our guests feel heard and cared for creates an emotional connection to our brand and builds loyalty.
By simply taking the time to get to know the individual you are speaking with, you give yourself the opportunity to anticipate their needs and to turn a moment into a memory. Making our guests feel heard and cared for creates an emotional connection to our brand and ensures loyalty. And this isn’t just for the guests, you will do this with every Fairmont Royal York colleague; after all, We Are One, We Are Family, We Are Fairmont Royal York.
What is in it for you:
- Employee Discount Travel Program
- Rate of pay: $29.04/hour
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) programs through our Academies
- Healthcare plan coverage
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the globe!
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
Reporting to the Director of Security and Emergency Management, what you will be doing:
- Ensuring security and safety of all property, guests and employees
- Regular floor patrols and safety inspections
- Providing excellent guest service
- Assisting in the orientation of new staff to hotel's security procedures
- Conducting security assessments to determine if hotel guests, employees and assets are properly protected
- Correcting and reporting of fire hazards, health and safety hazards
- Operating as a member of the Emergency Response Team
- Investigating and reporting on occurrences of accidents, complaints, criminal activity, and crisis situations
- Control, staff, and monitor hotel access points
- Responding to all alarms- perimeter doors, panic alarms, etc…
- Handling lost and found in conjunction with the other departments
- Knowledge and application of Municipal, Provincial, and Federal statutes with attention to the Trespass to Property Act
- Key control involving departmental audits and maintenance of key records\Maintaining computer records of all actions in a Daily Activity Report
- Routinely audit security systems and various other systems
- Other duties as directed by the Director, Security Services and/or Supervisor
Your experience and skills include:
- Valid Ontario Security License
- Valid First Aid and C.P.R. certificates
- Law and Security Diploma or equivalent post-secondary education would be an asset
- Self-motivated individual who is animated and highly energetic with a sense of humour
- Experience in security and safety of property and people, preferably in a hotel setting
- Excellent organization skills, written and oral communication skills
- Computer knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to work with and learn security related technologies (e.g. access control systems, CCTV, motion and door alarm, etc...)
- Ability to effectively work with others in critical stress or emergency situations (eg fire alarms, first aid, supporting emergency personnel, etc...)
- High level of confidentiality when handling guest information
Physical Aspects of Position include but are not limited to the following:
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 30 lbs
- Constant kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
- Frequent ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
ABOUT FAIRMONT ROYAL YORK
For over 91 years, Fairmont Royal York has stood proudly as a Toronto landmark. When the hotel opened in 1929 it was the tallest building in the British Common Wealth and contained 1,048 rooms, a concert hall, library, extensive bakery, radio station and even a hospital. Today, this essential downtown landmark has completed a multi-million dollar transformation, reimagining its lobby, rooms, dining venues, event spaces, and Fairmont Gold – the property’s exclusive hotel within a hotel luxury experience. Another stunning chapter for Fairmont Royal York has begun. To learn more, visit http://thefairmontroyalyork.com/
Note: Must already be legally entitled to work in Canada to be considered for the position.
In order to keep our employees and the general public safe from the threat of Covid 19 and the rise of variants in the community, the Hotel has implemented a Covid-19 Vaccination Policy.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor’s limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS
How To Apply
Please submit your application as instructed in the job advert or Apply from Company Website