Resource Mobilisation Officer job from Aflatoun in Postcode 1076 in Amsterdam Zuid, Netherlands
Tuesday 15th, March 2022
Postcode 1076 in Amsterdam Zuid
Aflatoun is a reputed company based in Postcode 1076 in Amsterdam Zuid. We are looking for talented professional from the field of Insurance to join our team as Resource Mobilisation Officer.
Position: Resource Mobilization Officer
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Job type: Full time (36-40 hours per week)
Salary: Indicative gross salary between € 3431 and € 3652 per month
Inclusive of pension, health insurance, holiday allowance and national insurance contributions
Aflatoun International is a non-profit organization, which offers social, financial & entrepreneurship education to children and young people worldwide, empowering them to make a positive change for a more equitable world. Aflatoun creates high-quality curricula for different age groups, which are contextualized to local needs and circumstances, and are implemented by over 300 partner organizations in 101 countries. Aflatoun programmes inspire children to discover their talents and put them to use, to stand up for their rights and those of their communities through active learning and problem solving. They learn how to save, how to budget, and how to set up social and financial enterprises that benefit themselves, their families and their communities. Aflatoun has been recognized globally (Brookings, Harvard, HundrEd, Million Lives Club) for its high-impact, low-cost model, which has shown to be effective in changing behaviors of participants across the globe. By using a social franchise model, Aflatoun transfers curricular content, monitoring and evaluation tools, and training capacity to partner organisations, helping them enhance their existing expertise and create an efficient learning ecosystem. Aflatoun’s programmes follow an active-learning, participant- centered methodology, which combines social and financial education (SFE) through engaging participants, educators, government institutions and civil society organisations.
We are currently looking for a Resource Mobilization Officer to join our team. In this exciting newly created role you will be working on different components of fundraising. You will have excellent written and oral communication skills, strong organisational and time management skills as well as excellent attention to detail. We are looking for someone who is happy to support across the team but who can work independently. You report to the Resource Mobilization Manager.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Identify and track relevant upcoming funding opportunities through intelligence gathering, partner relationships, and other available resources
- Undertake donor research to identify funding criteria, application deadlines, and most effective method of donor engagement
- Drafting of proposals and ensure application documents are in line with requirements and submission format of donors
- Work across Aflatoun’s teams on acquiring information and administrative documents relevant to donor due diligence processes
- Contribute to the development and consolidation of external communications materials for donors including presentations, reports, and proposals
- Respond to requests for fundraising support on behalf of the programmes team
- Ensure that donor information and correspondence is entered and filed electronically accurately and in a timely manner
- Attend regular team meetings and cross-organizational working groups
- Contribute to the team's annual planning and the organisation's wider planning process
Non-technical responsibilities as Aflatoun staff
- Positively contribute to team discussions and the effective running of the organisation;
- Cross-departmental collaboration, compliance with organisational policies and procedures including submitting monthly timesheets;
- Promote Aflatoun’s work on social media;
- Perform other duties and tasks, consistent with the skills and expertise, as required in non-routine circumstances;
- Be willing to adapt to different tasks and different cross-organisational tasks, this includes but is not limited to helping deliver Aflatoun events such as the International Conferences and staff retreats.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- University degree in social sciences or other relevant disciplines
- At least three years of experience in grant management from a range of private and institutional donors
- Fluency in written English, with the ability to adapt the style of writing to a range of different communications
- Knowledge and experience in project and grant management (preferably in the international development/education sector) and meeting key deadlines
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Demonstrable numeracy and analytical skills and the ability to interpret information from a financial budget
- Excellent analytic, written, communication, interpersonal and presentation skills, including use of Proficient in MS Office and databases.
- Understanding and willingness to conduct work and demonstrate behaviors in line with Aflatoun International’s values and policies.
Aflatoun Band 10
Salary band is the gross salary, including 8% holiday allowance and is paid each month after deduction of social security premiums, tax payments or other obligatory or agreed sums. No separate amount is funded by the employer in relation to pension or health insurance.
All entitlements are set out in the Contract of Employment. Full employment conditions are set out in the Employee Manual. All full-time employees work 40 hours per week. Standard office hours are from 9:00 to 17:30 (including a 30-minute break for lunch) unless otherwise agreed between the Employer and Employee. On occasion, the Employee may work from his/her home provided his/her request to do so has been discussed with and approved by the Employee’s supervisor.
Note: Aflatoun International’s salary structure is based on 14 Bands and within the bands, ten salary points. It is usual for people commencing with Aflatoun International to be placed on point one to three of the relevant band with further progression through the bands related to the ongoing performance appraisal process. Moving to a different salary band requires a promotion to a higher-level position.
Due to the nature of Aflatoun’s work with children around the world, specific attention is drawn towards Aflatoun’s Child Protection Policy and its Policy on the Protection of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA). These two policies are required to be signed by new employees and forms part of the employment documents related to the employment contract. The applicant commits to zero tolerance towards sexual exploitation and abuse.
If you are interested please apply no later than 18 March 2022 at the following link: https://aflatoun.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=116
A written test may be part of the recruitment process.
For any specific questions please reach out to the HR Officer Chitra- [email protected]
How To Apply
Please submit your application as instructed in the job advert or Apply from Company Website