Research Impact Officer job from Trilateral Research in Remote, Ireland
Sunday 8th, May 2022
Trilateral Research is a reputed company based in Remote. We are looking for talented professional from the field of Science and Research to join our team as Research Impact Officer.
Trilateral Research is a UK and IE-based enterprise, founded in 2004. Our teams include social scientists, data scientists, ethical, legal and human rights experts who work across the technology-social disciplinary divide. We apply rigorous, cutting-edge research when developing and assessing new technologies to ensure they achieve sustainable innovation and measurable impact.
Our culture is based on delivering high-quality outputs, through our commitment and passion for what we do. We work in an open and collaborative environment where the team culture provides support amongst peers and colleagues. Find out about our people and our culture, and see how our mission drives the projects we take on, the key data protection services we provide, and the technology products and supplementary services we develop.
We are seeking to engage a Research Impact Officer to develop and deliver project-specific dissemination and communication strategies and activities and take responsibility for their implementation within research projects (funded under Horizon 2020, Horizon Europe or by other funding bodies) and create impact.
Main Activities and Responsibilities:
- Sourcing and generating content (e.g., press releases, blogs, newsletters, etc.) that effectively raises awareness about the research outputs.
- Working with the team’s graphic designers to produce communication materials (e.g., website, posters, brochures, infographics, videos, etc.).
- Creating and managing content for research project websites (using standard content management systems such as WordPress).
- Managing and developing content for social media channels.
- Working with the project partners to source ideas, commission, write and edit content to raise awareness about the project activities and results to the relevant stakeholder communities and the general public.
- Delivering presentations at project meetings and leading Work Package/task meetings with project partners.
- Working with the Research Communications Manager and research project leads to identify ideas, stakeholder groups and appropriate avenues for disseminating/communicating research results and achieving impact.
- Identifying and reaching out to journalists and bloggers relevant to the projects to foster publicity and impact.
- Lead on the processes to deliver effective research dissemination and communications, including event organisation.
- Manage relationships with project partners, and influence best practices to achieve impact.
- Support with (online) event organisation (e.g., setting up and managing registrations, online platforms, circulating invitations and generally promoting the event).
- Development of project dissemination and communication strategies.
- Monitoring dissemination and communication activities and related Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to evaluate the efficacy of the implemented strategies.
- Reporting on dissemination and communication activities
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team but also independently
- Ability to manage tight deadlines
- Good influencing and relationship building skills
- Familiarity with working with researchers or within a research environment
General Knowledge and Technical Skills:
- Good communication skills
- Good presentation and summarising skills
- Science communication experience
- Strong organisational skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Project management experience
Required Education and Experience
- Candidates should have strong, demonstrable writing skills and preferably will have already published news items, magazine articles and/or other popular press materials
- Candidates should have good presentation and summarising skills, both written and verbal Candidates will have a degree/qualification or proven experience in a relevant field (e.g., science communications)
- Experience in developing communication plans
- Experience in social media management
- Proven experience in working on EU-funded (e.g., FP7, H2020) projects
- Experience in developing exploitation strategies for research projects
- Experience in writing communication and dissemination tasks/sections in EU project funding applications
Location: This position are open to candidates based in Ireland
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Hours: Full Time
Contract Type : Fixed Term Contract for 12 months
In return, you get ...
- A competitive salary
- Flexible working hours / WFH options
- A positive and supportive environment
We are an Equal Opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates, regardless of their age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital/civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are a Disability Confident committed and Living Wage employer.
At Trilateral Research, we value privacy and data protection rights. We have a longstanding data protection culture and promote robust ethical standards in data management and research ethics. Please read our Privacy Notice in relation to our recruitment activities before submitting your application to work with us.
How To Apply
Please submit your application as instructed in the job advert or Apply from Company Website