Research & Development Mechatronic Intern job from Axiom Group Inc. in Greater Toronto Area, ON, Canada
Monday 9th, May 2022
Greater Toronto Area, ON
Axiom Group Inc. is a reputed company based in Greater Toronto Area, ON. We are looking for talented professional from the field of Internship / Undergraduate to join our team as Research & Development Mechatronic Intern.
Are you a young professional or fresh graduate looking to gain experience? Are you familiar with intellectual property law and government grants/funding? If so than you might be a great fit as our next R&D Mechatronic Intern!
Where does the R&D Mechatronic Intern fit in?
The R&D Mechatronic Intern will partner up with the Engineering team for the AX8 project (Electircal Vehicle Application) and support with documentation & organization of IP (intellectual property), researching and submitting various grant/funding applications, reporting project progress to institutes and/or government as well as the internal management team.
What you can expect as our next R&D Mechatronic Intern:
- Maintain and ensure tidiness and organization of shop tools and equipment
- Maintain and operate shop testing equipment
- Support onsite and offsite vehicle and component testing
- Support data and media collection for marketing use and materials
- Collect data and generate reports and summaries for the team
- Coordinate shipping and receiving of equipment and components
- Support trials & testing of devices and work with external suppliers and technicians
- Aid in the development and provision of technical documentation by preparing drawings, writing test instructions, and presenting technical insights
- You will be responsible for monitoring safety practices and ensuring IATF-16949 compliance while collaborating with cross functional teams to meet product timelines
- Ensure compliance of IATF systems and procedures
- Research & analyze governments funds/grant and required qualifications, policies
- Support in preparing required documentation, set meetings and completion/submission of fund/grant applications
- Liaise with institutes, government bodies and/or customers to ensure project alignment, obtain necessary application support to secure funding
- Strategically build and submit funding applications ensuring maximum funding approval
- Prepare AX8 related presentations for external and internal stakeholders such as government bodies, investors, customers, management etc.
- Partnering up and taking notes from internal team members, engineering or other stakeholders to support on funding applications
- Recording & reporting meeting minutes with governments, investors, and customers
- Work closely with Engineering and internal stakeholders in understanding and documenting Intellectual Property (IP)
- Additional Duties as assigned
Do you have what is takes to be our next R&D Mechatronic Intern?
- Enrolled & pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering or related field
- General mechanical proficiency and experience working with shop tools
- Impeccable oral and written communication & presentation skills, with the ability to interface with senior management
- Strong relationship building skills (internal & external stakeholders)
- Proactive view to identifying & driving financial benefits for our clients
- Ability to think & execute strategically and is results oriented
- Self-motivated individual with a strong attention to detail
- Develop long-term strategies for key accounts that align with corporate mandate ·
- Proficient with MS Project
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multi task as required
- Experience with PPAP documentation and FMEA analysis is an asset
- Experience in the Automotive Industry is an asset
- Self-starting and solutions oriented and capable of working with little direction
- A strong team player
- Capable of working in a fast paced and always changing environment
- Able to read, write & speak in English (French is an asset)
- Tech-savvy and competent using Microsoft Office suite
To name a few, we offer a clean facility, an amazing work environment/culture, ability to participate in multiple fun-filled company events and so much more! Don't forget to ask us about our competitive total compensation package!
Think you'll be a GREAT fit?! Apply via the link below:
We, at Axiom Group Inc. are an equal opportunity employer. We are always looking for talented individuals who are motivated to meet and exceed their goals. We are proud of what we’ve been able to accomplish, and searching for new and talented additions to our team has always remained a priority.
Axiom is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs in all stages of the hiring process.
Job Types: Full-time, Fixed term contract, Internship / Co-op
Contract length: 4-8 months
Salary: $45,000.00-$50,000.00 per year
- Bonus pay
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Profit sharing
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Greater Toronto Area, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
How To Apply
Please submit your application as instructed in the job advert or Apply from Company Website