Research And Development Internship job from ACT Commodities in Amsterdam, Netherlands
Sunday 8th, May 2022
ACT Commodities is a reputed company based in Amsterdam. We are looking for talented professional from the field of Science and Research to join our team as Research And Development Internship.
Internship: Alternative and Biofuels Policy
ACT is a young, fast-growing company, active in renewable energies & environmental products. ACT trades environmental certificates, (bio-) fuels and feedstocks, and other products in environmental commodity markets.
We firmly believe that we are better together and are always on the lookout for entrepreneurial, collaborative people who want to carve their path and make a difference.
Currently, we are looking for an intern to support our Strategy & Development department with development of our regulatory and public affairs capabilities in the alternative and bio-fuels space.
Alternative and biofuels are an essential part of the energy transition required to mitigate climate change. We focus on the most sustainable (bio-)fuels, that match our DNA and that contribute to mitigating climate change.
Your job will be about understanding, analyzing and advising on a complex and dynamic political environment where current and future legislation will have a major impact on development of renewable energies and sustainability for decades to come.
Your research provides regulatory insights we can use in business. You'll get to take part in exciting projects; including analyzing new regulatory opportunities, supporting us with position papers and stakeholder management. Solid communication skills and a strong focus capacity will be your best assets to support us in developing new market opportunities in regulatory driven markets.
We expect you to help structure our PA efforts and help deepen our regulatory and stakeholder capabilities in the renewable fuels policy landscape.
On a personal level, you love the kick of achieving success as a team – and you thrive in dealing with public stakeholders, like governments, associations, civil servants, politicians. A fast learner, and able to produce high quality output on short notice, we'd like you to also be able to provide market insights.
What you'll do:
- Monitor and analyze European RE policies and provide detailed policy analysis
- Monitor and synthesize relevant market and industry trends
- Perform stakeholder analyses, coordinate consultations and set up and manage information flows
- Provide policy updates, reviews, analyses and advice
- Model and compare HL business cases in renewable energies, sustainability and biofuels.
- Develop and implement policy memos and papers
- Work on strategic long-term projects
Who you are?
- Nearing the end of your Master studies in policy sciences, EU law, public administration, international relations, economics.
- Preferably coupled with (bachelor) experience in more technical studies (chemistry, bioprocess engineering, sustainable energies technologies, or other relevant studies)
- Experience in in RE policy analysis, public affairs and/or stakeholder management. Relevant governmental policies (mobility, sustainable energy, RE fuels) experience is a strong plus.
- Fluency in MS Office
- An affinity for environmental markets and sustainability, knowledge of fuel markets.
- Fluent in English, German or another language considered a plus.
- Able to quickly translate policy information into high quality long and shorthand output
- Process oriented and structured personality type, who couples technical prowess and interest with tenacity and methodical ways of working.
- Collaborative mind-set, knack for policy, technology, results driven.
- Able to hold your own, with good interpersonal skills.
What we offer:
- Position: Policy Analyst Intern
- Start date: June 1st, 2022
- Duration internship contract: 3 months
- Monthly internship pay: € 750, -
- NS Business card (if applicable)
- Personal development sessions by Life Coach
- Friday afternoon drinks
- Discount on the gym
- Note this is an active internship (meeloopstage), not for thesis development (although this can be discussed)
- Confidentiality clause applies.
NL: Een pre employment screening is onderdeel van onze sollicitatieprocedure
EN: A Pre employment screening is part of our application procedure
How To Apply
Please submit your application as instructed in the job advert or Apply from Company Website