Remote Permit Document Coordinator job from TaxValet in Work from Home, Philippines
Saturday 7th, May 2022
Work from Home
TaxValet is a reputed company based in Work from Home. We are looking for talented professional from the field of Project Management / Event / Program Management to join our team as Remote Permit Document Coordinator.
Title: Permit Application Project Coordinator (Full-Time)
Location: Philippines (100% REMOTE WFH)
Shift: Late Shift (6PM-3AM Manila Time)
About The Role
TaxValet is looking for a permit coordinator to help our clients eliminate the hassle and risk of sales tax. You’ll be using your project management and attention to detail skills to assist clients with getting set-up within state tax systems quickly. The result being that TaxValet’s filing team is able to pay each clients’ taxes accurately and on time. This will be a highly collaborative role and will involve working with clients, internal teammates, state agencies, and more.
The Permit Coordinator will primarily be responsible for opening new sales tax accounts, closing existing sales tax accounts, preparing and sending Power of Attorney forms, and troubleshooting permit issues as they pop up. This role will be communicating with US State government agencies and US clients so really high proficiency and comfort with written and verbal English is a must!
In time, you’ll be considered an expert on state sales tax permits and someone that many will turn to when looking for advice.
Don’t worry—we’ll provide lots of training and help along the way. Your attitude and potential is much more important than your current knowledge and experience. We don’t expect anyone to come in with previous US sales tax experience
We’re not just a tax company. We’re an emotions company. We believe that the work we do is a reflection of our higher purpose in life. And if the work isn’t fulfilling and enjoyable, what’s the point? At TaxValet, our Core Purpose is to “transform negative emotions into something positive for our clients, partners, and each other”. It just so happens that we do that by eliminating the hassle and stress of sales tax.
We are a fast-growing, financially stable, and profitable business with a small but AWESOME team of 22 people (and growing!). We’re building a world-class sales tax team, and if you join us, you’ll be part of the reason why.
We are a core-value driven business. That means we hire, promote, and reward based on alignment with our core values:
- Feel It: We have authentic empathy for our clients, partners, and for each other. A little warmth and understanding goes a long way.
- Shape It: We have a passion for possibilities and recognize that we are the authors of our own future.
- Own It: We take responsibility for the outcomes, both good and bad.
- Crush It: We strive for excellence in everything we do. We are competitive and want to WIN!
We are also a “give 1%” organization. This means that 1% of profit, employee time, and service time is dedicated towards nonprofits. This year, we contributed to typhoon disaster relief in the Philippines.
Compensation and Benefits
We believe working side-by-side with an awesome team is the greatest benefit there is, but there are other reasons why we love working at TaxValet including.:
- Gross salary targeted at 42,000 PHP monthly
- 37,500 base, 2,500 de minimis and 2,000 night-shift allowance monthly
- Additional 20% night shift differential for the hours worked 10PM-3AM
- Totalling about 38,250 PHP monthly (pre-tax)
- Company paid HMO for you plus up to two dependents.
- 43 days off per year. This includes 22 holidays per year, plus 21 days of PTO per year. Yes, seriously.
- 100% Remote Working from Home.
- Equipment and desk set-up to ensure you are able to work remotely comfortably and effectively.
- The ability to participate in the company profit sharing program after 1 year of tenure at TaxValet.
Some intangible benefits include:
- Engaged and satisfied coworkers who love working at TaxValet (with an eNPS 50% higher than the industry average)
- Learn relevant and in-demand skills you’ll have for the rest of your career.
- Opportunity to have a real impact and grow your career with the company.
- Opportunity to join company retreats and vacations (post-COVID, of course).
- A fast-growing and entrepreneurial environment.
We’re looking for someone who is ready to learn and grow professionally, and wants a career (not just a job). We can train you on a lot of things, but here are our non-negotiables:
- Great English proficiency.
- Comfortable talking on the phone and pressing people for what you need.
- Experience with project management, contract application, legal research preferred but not required.
- Accounting or finance background would be helpful as well, but again, not required.
- Positive references from past supervisors.
- You have high attention-to-detail and a perfectionist at heart.
- Self-starter and shows initiative to get work done even without constant supervision.
- Excellent at time management. You don’t waste time on frivolous activities.
- Eager to learn new skills and technologies.
Please note that the final step before being hired is for you to arrange reference calls with your former managers and others.
Your Primary Responsibilities
- Permit Process. The Permit Coordinator is responsible for managing the new permit process and existing permit verification process. This includes reviewing client information submitted to TaxValet, applying for the sales tax permits and creating access to the Permit account to verify any information needed so the account can then be turned over to the Account Manager for filing purposes. The Permit Coordinator communicates between the client and the Permits to ensure accurate permit information.
- Prepare and Submit Power of Attorney Forms. The Permit Coordinator prepares, sends, and submits the Power of Attorney forms for clients to give TaxValet the ability to communicate with Permits on behalf of the client.
- Permit Closures. The Permit Coordinator will work with the Onboarding Liaision and Account Manager in respect to closing out sales tax permits for new clients who are determined to no longer need a particularly permit upon completing the initial nexus review.
- Support Clients. The Permit Coordinator communicates and provides ongoing support to new and existing clients during the permit process.
- Support Account Managers. The Permit Coordinator communicates all helpful permit or account verification information to the assigned Account Manager in order for them to effectively take on the client's ongoing filing process and any special projects.
Specific Measures of Success
No surprises here! After a year on the job, you’ll be measured by these specific outcomes:
- Permit Process/Verification Time. The goal is to complete the permit/verification process within 39 days for 90% of clients.
- Permit Application Turnaround Time. The Permit Coordinator will have all sales tax permits applications submitted within less than 48 hours of notification from the Onboarding Team.
- Permit Capacity. The Permit coordinator should be able to handle at least 110 permits/verifications per month along with other duties.
- Education Hours. The Permit Coordinator will complete 3 hours per quarter in work related education or training.
- Quarterly Rocks (Goals). All rocks have at least an 80% completion rate for the year.
Are You Our Next Teammate?
We’d love to be in touch. Please apply online with a resume and cover letter. If there’s mutual interest, we’ll reach out to you to collect additional information. Thanks, and we’re looking forward to meeting you.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Pay: Php42,000.00 per month
- Health insurance
- 8 hour shift
- How will working the late shift (6:00 PM - 3:00 AM) long-term affect your work-life balance?
- Why do you want to work at TaxValet specifically?
How To Apply
Please submit your application as instructed in the job advert or Apply from Company Website