Registrar- Orthopedics Center job from New Mowasat Hospital in Salmiya, Kuwait
Saturday 7th, May 2022
New Mowasat Hospital is a reputed company based in Salmiya. We are looking for talented professional from the field of Environment/ Health & Safety to join our team as Registrar- Orthopedics Center.
The Registrar–Orthopedics is responsible to deliver highest quality treatments for problems related to human skeleton, joints, tendons, ligaments and spine. Co-ordinates and administers patient care activities in accordance with Ministry of Health regulations, Hospital Medical Staff Bylaws, Rules & Regulations and Orthopedics Department Policies & Guidelines.
- Examines, diagnoses, and treats diseases and injuries of musculoskeletal system by application of corrective mechanical devices and, surgical / conservative means.
- Prepares and reviews case histories and obtains data through interviews.
- Provides patient care, diagnoses problems, orders tests such as X-rays or MRI scans; interprets test results and evaluates examination findings.
- Provides medication to decrease the level of pain faced by the patient and ensures maximum level of functioning and independence to the patients.
- Reduces and immobilizes fractures by open or closed methods, using such corrective devices as braces, casts, and splints.
- Determines procedures for preoperative and postoperative care such as administering sedatives, prescribing diets, and preparing operative area of patients; in conjunction with other Consultants.
- Assists in formulating plans & procedures for orthopedic surgery services.
- Assists Consultants, along with the Anesthesiologist, in execution of surgical procedures such as joint replacement, repair bone fractures or reverse back and spinal injuries.
- Attends and assists in-office procedures such as biopsies or injections and consults with patients' primary care doctors.
- Coordinates specialized patient care after the surgery; ensures that the patient receives effective advice during post- surgery follow up.
- Conducts daily rounds in the unit, does periodical examinations, follows-up with the patients and updates the Consultant of any specific observation.
- Maintains, manages and supervises medical records, patient charts and various surgical and hospital records whenever required
- Considers the patient’s safety as the first priority while working.
- Includes the patients in discussions concerning appropriate diagnostic and management procedures.
- Participates in assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating patient care needs
- Works in a seamless, integrated multi-disciplinary environment to provide the highest level of care
- Maintains a work environment that promotes high standards for patient care and ethical behavior.
- Ensures implementation of Ministry of Health regulations, Hospital Medical Staff Bylaws, rules & regulations and Orthopedics Department policies & guidelines.
- Ensures implementation of the standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the field of Orthopedics.
- Exhibits appropriate personal and interpersonal professional behavior; practices medicine ethically.
- Respects the opinions of department Specialists/Consultants and referring Physicians in the management of patient problems.
- Recognizes limits of personal skills and knowledge by appropriately consulting other Physicians while caring for the patient.
- Shows a pattern of maintaining current personal clinical skills and knowledge by Continuing Medical Education (CME).
- Participates in continuous quality improvement programs for Orthopedics service
- Attends the meetings of the Orthopedics Department to discuss the rules & regulations, obstacles in work, incidents & complications encountered and suggestions to improve the quality of service
- Contributes in organizational performance improvement activities.
- Accepts all other additional assignments found necessary by the Clinical Director- Orthopedics.
2. Heads of Departments/Centers
2. Business Representatives / Professional Agencies
Excellent knowledge of prosthetics, connecting tools & devices such as tongs, pins, wires, screws etc.
Excellent Communication and Inter-Personal skills.
How To Apply
Please submit your application as instructed in the job advert or Apply from Company Website