Recruitment Specialist job from Primary Engineering & Construction in Calgary, AB, Canada
Monday 14th, March 2022
Primary Engineering & Construction is a reputed company based in Calgary, AB. We are looking for talented professional from the field of Human Resources / Recruitment to join our team as Recruitment Specialist.
Primary Engineering and Construction Corporation (Primary) is a growth-oriented industry leader providing professional engineering and construction services.
We provide our people with the opportunity to determine their own career path and fulfill their ambitions. We empower our clients by tailoring our solutions to their specific needs. We strengthen our community by connecting them to what is possible today and providing a solid foundation for tomorrow.
Primary is powered by our people. Our diverse teams and inclusive culture are the core that powers Primary. Our diversity allows us to better serve our customers and Engineering communities by listening to and enabling unique perspectives. Primary remains committed to fostering an open and safe environment in which the voices of all team members, clients and community members are heard. As we grow our company, we will continue to remove barriers and create new opportunities within our industry.
Reporting to the HR Team Lead, the Recruitment Specialist will be responsible for leading and managing the recruitment process and strategy in its entirety, including developing job descriptions, active recruiting, and candidate screening. The Recruitment Specialist will play a key role in identifying and working closely with quality good-fit candidates, by building rapport, understanding their background and skills, and placing them in positions that are a good match for both their interests and the needs of Primary.
· Develop recruitment and sourcing strategies based on consultations with hiring leaders, workforce plans and labour markets. Build strong relationships with potential/passive high-quality candidates to ensure a viable talent pipeline for future needs.
· Lead define, design, and execute comprehensive recruitment strategies, programs (i.e. campus recruitment program, social media campaigns, coop student program etc.), processes, systems, and tools focused on attracting practice-level team members
· Responsible for successfully managing and closing searches, as well as have experience benchmark, metrics, and understand how to source passive talent.
· Manage content on Primary’s Careers website including LinkedIn, Indeed and other recruiting website.
· Develop recruitment and sourcing strategies based on consultations with hiring leaders, workforce plans and labour markets
· Manage the recruitment process, including building compelling job postings, resume screening, short listing, interview coordination, and leader coaching, to ensure both a great candidate and hiring leader experience.
· Recruit top talent including sourcing, and reference checking for technical and professional level positions
· Manage the reference check and offer processes, including offer recommendations and negotiations as required.
· Collaborate with managers and Human Resources to fully understand the vacant roles, our business needs, and skillsets required.
· Provide coaching to practice leaders on recruitment best practices.
· Ensure compliance with applicable employment laws and regulations in Canada.
· Assist with continuous improvement initiatives such as employee branding, internal recruitment process and candidate experience.
· Recommend recruitment ideas and strategies that will contribute to the long-range growth of the company.
· Experience as an HR Recruiter.
· Other duties as required
A few qualifications that would help you succeed:
· Have exceptional focus on candidates’ experience, with a strong customer-service mindset
· Have a positive and friendly demeanor, representing our values
· Able to create and implement sourcing strategies for recruitment for a variety of roles in difficult to fill labour markets
· Are comfortable public speaking and innately build high-touch relationships with others
· Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
· Are aligned with our vision, mission, and values, which guide how we work
· Post secondary degree or diploma in relevant field
· Strong working knowledge in recruitment best practice and strategies to exercise discretion and good judgment in matters related to full-cycle recruitment
· Experience in developing and implementing general and role specific sourcing strategies
· Three years of in-house recruitment and human resources experience within a dynamic, fast paced high-volume corporate environment
· An excellent ability to assess top talent
· Exceptional interpersonal skills that allow you to build trust and rapport seamlessly
· Strong business acumen and system thinking skills and the ability to understand an organization’s business model, operations, financials, and competitors
Primary offers a highly competitive compensation package including, competitive salaries, bonuses, Health & Dental benefits, Health Care Spending Account, paid vacation, Company Matching RRSP, and several career and professional development opportunities.
This position will require the successful candidate to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless a valid vaccination exemption is presented and accepted.
If you are ready for a new challenge and want to make a difference in the industry, please send your resume in confidence.
**Please Note, you must be legally able to work in Canada**
We thank all candidates for their application however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
*Please see www.primaryeng.com for this and other positions we are recruiting.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Bonus pay
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- Work from home
- Monday to Friday
- in-house recruitment: 3 years (preferred)
Application deadline: 2022-04-01
How To Apply
Please submit your application as instructed in the job advert or Apply from Company Website