Recruitment Coordinator job from Conestoga Students Incorporated in Kitchener, ON, Canada
Saturday 7th, May 2022
Conestoga Students Incorporated is a reputed company based in Kitchener, ON. We are looking for talented professional from the field of Human Resources / Recruitment to join our team as Recruitment Coordinator.
Position: Recruitment Coordinator
Location: Conestoga College – Doon Campus (travel to other locations and remote work as required)
Reports to: Sr. Manager, Human Resources
Time Requirement: 35 hours per week (some evenings and weekends may be required)
Pay Band (to start): $42,500 to $50,000
Revised: May 2022
Conestoga Students Incorporated (“CSI”) was founded in 1973 and is the official student association representing more than 21,000 students at all Conestoga College campuses. All full-time fee-paying students are the owners and customers of CSI, and we are dedicated to serving the students to the best of our ability.
For more information on what we do and the services we offer, please check out our website at: https://conestogastudents.com/
Working on CSI’s full-time team would give you access to the following benefits and perks:
- Competitive salary based on job market data
- Health & dental benefits
- RRSP contribution plan
- Tuition reimbursement for part-time studies
- Reimbursement for work-related travel expenses
- Paid time off to observe culturally significant events
- Flexible work hours and remote work
The Recruitment Coordinator provides support and assistance to the various departments of Conestoga Students Inc. through the coordination of full-cycle recruitment efforts with primary focus on student employment initiatives.
The Recruitment Coordinator also provides supervision and direction to other staff in the coordination of recruitment and selection processes. In carrying out supervisory responsibilities, the Recruitment Coordinator must cultivate and maintain a diverse and inclusive environment in which the variety of participants’ backgrounds, experiences, places of origin, racial/ethnic identities, sexual identities, gender, ages, and more are heard, respected, and valued by everyone.
This position reports directly to the Sr. Manager, Human Resources. In carrying out the duties of this position, a great deal of responsibility is exercised with final overview by the Sr. Manager, Human Resources. It is also important that the Recruitment Coordinator works extremely closely with the Sr. Manager, Human Resources to ensure that they are up to date on the basic overall operations of CSI’s Human Resources functions. In all activities, it is crucial that the Recruitment Coordinator recognizes that service to employees and students is a top priority.
Duties and Responsibilities
Recruitment, Selection, Onboarding
- Develop and update job descriptions and job ads and post to a variety of job boards so as to maximize and diversify outreach
- Plan and execute hiring initiatives, such as job fairs, as needed
- Network with Conestoga College program coordinators and other stakeholders to communicate student employment opportunities
- Advise students on the Company’s job opportunities and recruitment processes
- Monitor the general CSI HR email and address all inquiries, forwarding or referring to appropriate contacts as needed
- Address recruitment-related questions and concerns from managers, supervisors, and students
- Screen applications and participate in interviews in collaboration with the appropriate managers and supervisors
- Schedule interviews as needed
- Draft and issue offers of employment
- Conduct background checks through the following tasks:
- Screen Study Permits as needed to verify international student status and confirm eligibility for on-campus and off-campus employment
- Contact previous employers to verify employment history
- Ensure all recruitment and selection processes are aligned with the principles of equity, diversity, and inclusion
- Assist with scheduling, arranging, and conducting engaging onboarding sessions on topics relating to health & safety, violence & harassment, accessibility, payroll, etc.
- Collect, file, and document employee information, including completion of onboarding and training processes
- Follow up with student employees to collect employee information, payroll information, Study Permits, etc.
- Present to students on topics relating to recruitment, onboarding, health & safety, etc.
Equity, Legal & Research
- Keep up to date on all relevant legislation and best practice related to employment, Health & Safety, Accessibility, and Diversity & Inclusion, advising the Sr. Manager, Human Resources of any relevant updates or changes
- Ensure all employment-related activities at CSI comply with related legislation and best practice, including (but not limited to): ESA, OHSA, AODA
- Assist with the annual review of all policies and procedures by researching legislative updates and changes
- Research and advise on legislative requirements, changes, and best practice in the areas of recruitment, accessibility, health & safety, and human rights
Other General Duties
- Work in accordance with corporate by-laws, policies, and procedures, particularly to the CSI Mission Statement
- Adhere strictly to health & safety laws, policies and procedures concerning health & safety, accessibility, etc.
- Maintain confidentiality for business practices
- Work in an organized manner where detail, accuracy and confidentiality are critical
- Mandatory attendance at CSI related training days
- Complete organizational/special projects as assigned by the Sr. Manager, Human Resources
- Other duties as assigned
This position spends long hours sitting and using office equipment and computers, which can cause muscle strain.
This position performs work primarily in a busy, open area office and is faced with frequent interruptions and meetings with others on a regular basis. Travel between campuses and performance of work from home is required as needed. Some work may be required after office hours and on weekends.
This position requires long periods of intense concentration. The incumbent must also spend long hours on the computer entering information which requires visual focus, attention to detail, and high levels of accuracy.
This position is expected to manage and meet multiple simultaneous deadlines, which can cause significant stress. The incumbent also deals with a wide variety of people on various issues.
- Candidates will be asked to demonstrate the following:
- Understanding of basic processes in recruitment, selection, and onboarding
- Ability to read and comprehend legislation related to employment, health & safety, and accessibility
- Ability to create and edit documents in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Adobe PDF
- Ability to write clear formal communications (emails, documents, etc.)
- Accurate data entry with ability to screen for transcription errors
- Ability to build positive working relationships
- Ability to speak to large groups of students in a way that motivates and encourages positive experiences and interactions
- Ability to address and resolve staff performance issues while considering the principles of equity, diversity, and inclusion
- Highly organized and skilled time management in handling multiple simultaneous priorities
- Ability to adhere to the regulatory framework of the HRPA
- Cultural competence: Respect and understanding for persons who come from a variety of socioeconomic, ethnic, and cultural backgrounds
- Full vaccination against COVID-19
- Preference will be given to those who have a deep knowledge of the experience of international students
How to Apply
To have your application considered, you must prepare the following Application Materials:
- A resume, letter, or audio/video recording that provides the following information:
- Why you are interested in this position
- What skills and/or experiences you have that you feel would enhance your performance in this position
If you are interested in this opportunity, please review the company website and apply through Bamboo HR at https://conestogac.bamboohr.com/jobs/, providing all of the above Application Materials.
Accessibility, Diversity & Inclusion
Conestoga Students Inc. is committed to providing equal opportunity for employment without regard to any prohibited ground of discrimination. To better reflect the diverse community in which we operate, CSI is also committed to ensuring that at least 30% of candidates interviewed are people who identify with a racial/ethnic minority.
If you anticipate any need for accommodations in the process of applying, interviewing, or working, please feel free to let us know at [email protected] as soon as possible and at any time so that we are most equipped to provide a barrier-free experience.
How To Apply
Please submit your application as instructed in the job advert or Apply from Company Website