R&d Hardware Engineer job from Surface Technology International in Hook, United Kingdom
Sunday 8th, May 2022
Surface Technology International is a reputed company based in Hook. We are looking for talented professional from the field of IT-Hardware / Networking to join our team as R&d Hardware Engineer.
R&D HARDWARE ENGINEER
SALARY: £45K - £52K p/a
HOURS: 37.5hrs p/w
We are currently recruiting for an experienced R&D Hardware Engineer. This is a fantastic opportunity
for proactive and hardworking individuals to join a busy and fast-paced team.
For this role you will need a good degree, or equivalent, in electronics engineering or computer science,
experience of IEEE embedded design and experience of electronics circuit design, integration and test
within a project environment.
As a Hardware Engineer you will be responsible for the specification, design and completion of assigned
electronics design tasks according to recognised best practice electronics design and to agreed cost,
production engineering and test targets.
The role will involve:
- Assisting the Hardware Engineering Manager in the specifying and agreement of electronics
- Working on technology solutions in conjunction with customer
- Understanding the complete product proposition and recommending appropriate architecture
- Attending customer project meetings to report on progress as required
Part of the role will also involve assisting with managing projects and for this you will need to:
- Assist in the creation of work plans for input to schedules generated by the project management
- Create / assist on the generation of product requirement specifications
- Raise exceptions to the Hardware Engineering Manager when encountering deviations to agreed
- Liaise with software, mechanical and industrial designers to ensure integration compliance.
You will also be involved in product creation, which will involve:
- Creating electronics schematics using internal software to offer required product functionality
Surface Technology International Ltd
Osborn Way · Hook · Hampshire · RG27 9HX
- Creating PCB layouts and selecting appropriate electronic components to support assigned
- Supporting firmware development as appropriate
- Liaising with global suppliers, hardware, software and manufacturing engineering teams to
- Working closely with the mechanical engineering team to achieve required radiated RF and EMC
- Assuring that created designs meets agreed internal and product regulatory standards. Eg.
For this role you should have good working knowledge of the use of schematic layout SW, the use of PCB
layout software, the use of electronics simulation for thermal and EMC characterisation and the use of
appropriate software tools to prototype, integrate and debug hardware.
A full job description is available on request.
The ability to achieve UK security clearance may be required for some roles.
How To Apply
Please submit your application as instructed in the job advert or Apply from Company Website