Quality Assurance Manager job from Canadian Blood Services in Vancouver, BC, Canada
Monday 14th, March 2022
Canadian Blood Services is a reputed company based in Vancouver, BC. We are looking for talented professional from the field of Quality Assurance to join our team as Quality Assurance Manager.
Job category: Supervisory and management
Job posting ID: 2722
Employment status: Regular full-time
Classification: PTS/MGT/IT B
Salary/Rate of pay: $90,000 to $114,000
Application deadline: 2022-03-18
Somewhere in Canada there’s a life you can save.
Be part of a dynamic, collaborative and caring organization committed to saving and improving the lives of Canadians. Thousands of Canadians depend on us every day for reliable access to blood, plasma, stem cells and organs and tissues.
Join Canada’s Lifeline and make a meaningful difference every day.
About the role
Canadian Blood Services is looking for a Regular Full-Time Quality Assurance Manager to join our dynamic Quality Assurance team in Vancouver. The work of a Quality Assurance Manager is integral to Canadian Blood Services role as Canada’s Lifeline.
This position ensures that the safety, quality, identity, purity, potency, and accessibility requirements of all products and services offered by Canadian Blood Services are met. You must have a thorough understanding of the Blood Regulations and Part C of the Food and Drug Regulations as defined by Health Canada, the CSA Blood and Blood Component Standards, and the theory and application of quality system elements to the products and services provided by Canadian Blood Services.
Under the direction of the Associate Director, you will be responsible for management, execution and evaluation of established quality assurance activities, ensuring effective and efficient people and process management, in an environment which fully recognizes the benefits of operating in accordance with quality principles.
You will lead in the development of your team by understanding the collaborative effort required within a team environment and optimizing the team diversity to make the team successful in meeting or exceeding the quality assurance objectives. You will use performance-based measurements to align the objectives of the team and the individuals to meet the strategic objectives of the Quality & Regulatory Affairs division and Canadian Blood Services.
You will also be responsible for consulting and collaborating with various internal and external stakeholders to ensure that the Quality program, procedures and support tools meet user, business and regulatory requirements.
Effectively and efficiently manage the Quality Assurance team and budget to ensure effective and efficient use of resources in a positive working environment in which the team feel empowered, challenged and engaged.
- Monitor process performance and product quality to ensure a state of control and compliance to requirements/specifications is maintained.
- Ensure a state of control and compliance with requirements and specifications is achieved.
- Lead or participate in initiatives that improve processes and services including the development, implementation, monitoring and improvement.
- Develop and maintain strong, effective day to day working relationships with all Canadian Blood Services staff.
Education, Training and Experience:
Post-secondary level science-based education such as a bachelor’s degree in a related discipline from a recognized academic institution or equivalent professional education and experience.
- A minimum of six years of progressive experience in pharmaceutical, medical device or biological manufacturing following Good Manufacturing Practices or in-depth knowledge of a comparable quality management system is required.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in the quality assurance function of a pharmaceutical manufacturer, medical device or biological manufacturer following Good Manufacturing Practices.
- A minimum of six years of progressive management experience.
- Certification or formalized education in Quality Management Systems is required.
Demonstrated Skills and Abilities:
Demonstrated knowledge of Quality Management System elements is required.
- Ability to work with a team of high-performance professionals.
- Demonstrated analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills are required.
- Demonstrated sound organizational and management skills are required.
- Proven effective interpersonal, facilitation, presentation, written and verbal communications skills.
- Demonstrated policy and procedures development abilities.
- Strong communication skills in English are essential.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and other known software packages.
- Familiarity with electronic budget preparation and monitoring.
- Position is required to be on call and requires domestic travel.
- Competitive base salary range of $90,000 - $114,000
- Annual Performance Award up to 10%
- 4 weeks of paid vacation
- Comprehensive group health, dental and vision benefits
- Choice of defined contribution or defined benefits pension plan
- Employee discounts, wellness programs and professional advancement opportunities
Diversity and inclusion play a vital role in ensuring health equity for patients across Canada. We are committed to reflecting Canada’s population in our organization and fostering an environment where all employees can be their authentic selves, with equal opportunities to succeed and contribute.
To protect the health and safety of its employees, all Canadian Blood Services’ employees are required to be fully vaccinated (COVID-19 vaccine doses as approved by Health Canada), subject to any medical or other human rights grounds.
If this role resonates with you, we encourage you to apply! This could be your first step towards a meaningful and inspiring career. Come to work each day knowing that you save lives.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those considered for an interview or those invited to participate in an assessment (such as testing) will be contacted. Applicants who require accommodation should discuss their needs with us.
How To Apply
Please submit your application as instructed in the job advert or Apply from Company Website