Programme Assistant- (ip And Admin Support) job from UN in Pakistan, Pakistan
Tuesday 15th, March 2022
UN is a reputed company based in Pakistan. We are looking for talented professional from the field of Administration / Secretarial to join our team as Programme Assistant- (ip And Admin Support).
Organizational Context and Scope:-
Established in 1951, and operational in Pakistan since 1981, the International Organization for Migration (IOM) is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, inter-governmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Over the years, IOM has expanded and affirmed its role as the leading Organization assisting the Government of Pakistan to ensure humane and orderly movement of people by devising practical solutions to shifting dynamics of migration, protecting, assisting and supporting vulnerable migrant populations, promoting international cooperation on migration issues and serving as a key source of advice on migration policy, research, data and practice Pakistan remains the third-largest refugee-hosting country globally, hosting Afghan refugees holding Proof of Registration (PoR) cards, Afghan Citizenship Card (ACC) holders and undocumented Afghan migrants.
IOM supports the Government of Pakistan in the implementation of cross-border programming supporting Afghan migrants and refugees which aims to contribute towards promoting peaceful co-existence with host communities. In view of present government policy, and in line with the strategic approaches adopted by the Afghanistan Situation Regional Refugee Response Plan (2022) and IOM ’s Comprehensive Action Plan for Afghanistan and Neighbouring Countries (2021-2024). IOM Pakistan will support the most vulnerable communities hosting Afghan migrants and refugees to address humanitarian needs and reduce protection risks for people on the move, in parallel to anticipatory action to mitigate the crisis impact, save lives and livelihoods, and enable societies to transition and recover towards sustainable development.
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission and direct supervision of the Senior Programme Coordinator in IOM Pakistan, the Programme Assistant will be responsible for deliverables outlined in the following sections:
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:-
- In coordination with the PM and reporting officer, prepare and regularly update project measurement tools including, but not limited to spreadsheets, presentations, project progress tracking and narrative reporting.
- Assist in the tracking of financial expenditures, support supply chain management for all humanitarian and resilience building projects.
- Work with reports and M&E focal persons to support the preparation of reports; under the guidance of the programme coordinator implement recommendations and best practices identified during project implementation.
- Assist in collection of updated information from government, NGOs, UN and other representatives in order to fulfil the coordination or operational duties of the programme.
- Support in closely monitoring performance of contracted IPs during implementation process of activities and keep proper tracking of progress.
- Ensure any programme-related incidents are recorded and reported to the manager and as per IOM policy and procedures.
- Prepare purchase requests, maintain follow-up to ensure approval and ensure availability of necessary supplies for the programme, in coordination with responsible staff.
- Prepare payment requests in line with terms of contracts with partner agencies, implementing partners and service providers.
- Consolidate documentation for new service provider/partner contracts and contract extensions, in line with standard IOM procedures.
- In coordination with area-based coordinators, request operational advances to ensure a minimum amount of petty cash is available for field operations, and closely follow up settling expenses on a periodic basis as per standard financial procedures.
- Liaise with Finance and Procurement Units to follow up on service contract/partner renewals, invoices, release of payments to service providers, and other relevant tasks.
- Ensure gender and protection against sexual exploitation and abuse (PSEA) guidance is taken into account and mainstreamed throughout area of responsibility
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the supervisor.
Required Qualifications and Experience:-
- Bachelors degree from an accredited academic institution in Social Sciences, Business Administration, Development or related field with three years of relevant professional experience.
- Practical field experience and understanding in domains related to relief interventions and humanitarian action (including support to displaced populations and implementation of emergency and early recovery activities), UN, and the cluster system is an advantage;
- Experience in liaising with government authorities, inter-governmental institutions, UN agencies and national and international NGOs;
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of the humanitarian and resilience building context in Pakistan, and of the vulnerabilities experienced by diverse population groups;
- Excellent writing, communication and negotiation skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to maintain trust and good working relationships with counterparts;
- Capacity for creative thinking;
- Team-oriented, but with capacity to work independently and with minimal supervision;
- Personal commitment, efficiency, and flexibility;
- Strong organizational and time management skills, and ability to deliver under tight timelines;
- Understanding of IOM policies, procedures and institutional tools will be considered an advantage.
- Fluency in English and Urdu is required.
- Knowledge of any of the Pakistani regional languages is an advantage.
How To Apply
Please submit your application as instructed in the job advert or Apply from Company Website