Process Technician job from Pfizer in Dublin, County Dublin, Ireland
Tuesday 15th, March 2022
Dublin, County Dublin
Pfizer is a reputed company based in Dublin, County Dublin. We are looking for talented professional from the field of Environment/ Health & Safety to join our team as Process Technician.
The Pfizer Grange Castle facility comprises of 1.1 million square feet of buildings located on a 90-acre site. Our products are produced across a range of Technologies including large scale mammalian cell culture, protein purification, vaccines conjugation, pegylation and aseptic syringe-filling technologies. In addition, the facility will also soon begin producing the mRNA drug substance, making it only the second plant in our network to do.
About the Role:
You will be directly involved in the manufacture of out products, ensuring that they meet all specifications for safety, potency, and efficacy. You will work within the guidelines of cGMP to ensure conformance with all regulatory requirements and site SOP’s, while assisting in the improvement of all current processes through our Continuous Improvement Program.
- Assist in maintaining a safety orientated culture, cGMP compliant work environment always.
- Perform initial troubleshooting of issues identified during routing operations.
- Assist with the investigation of operational deviations through Quality System, engaging with relevant functions as appropriate.
- Training and mentoring of colleagues.
- Provide input into the creation and maintenance of area SOPs and batch records.
- Use Lean tools as part of daily operations (e.g., Method 1, 5S) to optimise efficiency and drive culture of Continuous Improvement and Zero Defects.
- Assist in facility start up, installation and validation activities to support the introduction of new products
We have exciting opportunities at Pfizer Grange Castle for those with no experience in Pharma/Biopharma as well as for those with several years’ experience within the industry
- Experience in Biopharmaceutical or Pharmaceutical manufacturing an advantage but not essential.
- Experience executing manufacturing operations in accordance to SOP’s, Batch Records (Paper or Electronic), and manufacturing control systems (e.g. DeltaV or Unicorn) an advantage but not essential.
- Lean experience using Standard Work, Method 1 and 5S an advantage
- Ability to work independently, and as a member of a team in a dynamic, fast paced environment that requires flexibility and initiative.
- Excellent trouble shooting and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to coach and mentor peers.
What We Offer:.. or Why Choose Pfizer
- Permanent positions for all levels of experience
- Competitive Salary and Shift Allowance
- Annual Bonus Schemes
- Pension and Share Schemes
- Long term Income Protection
- Healthcare for you and your family
- Career development opportunities
- Health and wellbeing initiatives
- Sports and social club
- Diverse and inclusive workplace
At Pfizer Grange Castle, we recognise that people are the cornerstones of our success. We embrace career development and colleague engagement. We realize that means not just attracting the best and brightest talent, but also ensuring our colleagues can thrive in an environment where we champion Diversity and Inclusion every day.
In order to be considered for this position in Ireland you need to be legally eligible to work in Ireland.
Please note there is no relocation support available for this position
How to apply
Make a difference today, all suitable candidates should apply with CV below. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
Breakthroughs that change patients' lives ... At Pfizer we are a patient centric company, guided by our four values: courage, joy, equity and excellence. Our breakthrough culture lends itself to our dedication to transforming millions of lives.
Digital Transformation Strategy
One bold way we are achieving our purpose is through our company wide digital transformation strategy. We are leading the way in adopting new data, modelling and automated solutions to further digitize and accelerate drug discovery and development with the aim of enhancing health outcomes and the patient experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We believe that a diverse and inclusive workforce is crucial to building a successful business. As an employer, Pfizer is committed to celebrating this, in all its forms – allowing for us to be as diverse as the patients and communities we serve. Together, we continue to build a culture that encourages, supports and empowers our employees.
How To Apply
Please submit your application as instructed in the job advert or Apply from Company Website