Process Safety Improvement Manager job from Dow in JacareÃ, SP, Brazil
Saturday 7th, May 2022
Dow is a reputed company based in SÃ£o Paulo, SP. We are looking for talented professional from the field of Building & Construction to join our team as Process Safety Improvement Manager.
Join a team thatâs passionate about partnership. With careers at Dow, we take time to explore questions and talk to each other. We love to learn. Our people are driven by limitless curiosity.
We are an innovative, customer centric, inclusive, and sustainable materials science company.
- Employing 36,500 individuals
- Across 109 manufacturing sites
- In over 31 countries
Our portfolio of products and solutions include:
- Plastics: With new technology trends, our plastic additives can be experienced in many everyday items including vinyl, blow-molding bottles, film, rigid containers, PVC plastics, siding, decks and rails, foam pipes and profile formulations, window frames and high-efficiency lubricants.
- Industrial intermediates: As the product of a reaction that is beneficial when used as a precursor chemical for another product, industrial intermediates can take on many shapes and forms. Ours are used in home comfort and appliance, building and construction, adhesives and lubricants, and more.
- Coatings: Whether itâs a water-based coating or solvent-based coating, a thin film is deposited on materials to enhance specific properties such as enhanced performance, durability, aesthetics, and sustainability.
- Silicone businesses: Our silicone-based materials can withstand more demanding applications, from those operating at extreme temperatures, to those under harsh environmental conditions for long periods of time.
Learn more about our partnerships, collaborations and innovations on LinkedIn (@Dow) or Twitter (@DowNewsroom).
We make diversity and inclusion a priorityâbecause sharing our perspectives and building on each otherâs ideas will drive innovation. Could you imagine yourself in a place like this?
Dow has a great opportunity as Process Safety Improvement Manager based on JacareÃ (BRA). The professional will be responsible for implementing major process safety capital projects according Dow standards. Provides detailed knowledge of the manufacturing process technology in project design, construction and startup phase
Responsibilities / Duties
- Implement > U$ 10MM multi year process safety capital project In Jacarei Plant
- Work effectively with global tech center team to define scope, timeline, technology to be implemented in the plant.
- Coordinates and leverages globally, the resources required for implementation of the Technology plans .
- Monitors and measures implementation of the technology plans.
- Works with the technology center to set priorities for MET definition needs.
- Ensures validation of project performance objectives after implementation Problem solving g/troubleshooting ability.
- Has an in-depth understanding of technology and work practices.
- Ensures implementation of the best technology in the project by integrating operability input from plant operations, Most Effective Technology (MET) from the Technology Center, and Maintenance and Reliability inputs into definition and design.
- Carries the majority project accountability for the technical integrity and operability of the final facility. Ensures effective interface to plant operations to ensure technical integrity and optimum operability.
- Provides effective communication and coordination between project team and Operations.
- Ensures safe and effective Commissioning, Start Up, and transfer to Operations process. Delivers trained organization.
- Delivers new and/or updated Operating Discipline.
- Bachelor's degree plus engineering, manufacturing or related experience required.
- Experience with Process Safety, risk analysis and layers of protection concepts and tools
- Chemical process engineering and process automation knowledge desired
- Capital Project Methodology knowledge will be a plus.
- Fluent English is required.
Your skills, knowledge, and abilities include
The critical competencies required for success are: teamwork, interpersonal effectiveness, problem solving, Technical skills (process safety, capital projects implementation, chemical process engineering and process automation) and analytical skills
- No visa sponsorship/support is available for this position.
- We do not offer domestic relocation assistance for Dow jobs like this position.
- We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations if you qualify as a person with disabilities.
- Do not forget to attach your resume.
- A robust total rewards program, including: competitive base pay, variable pay that rewards individual, team, and Company performance, and comprehensive benefits
- On-going learning opportunities within a diverse, inclusive and rewarding work environment
- Career experiences that can span different Dow businesses and functions with opportunities for personal and professional growth
- The chance to work within a global company and interact with colleagues from around the world
- Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your passion to help others
Dow (NYSE: DOW) combines global breadth, asset integration and scale, focused innovation and leading business positions to achieve profitable growth. The Companyâs ambition is to become the most innovative, customer centric, inclusive and sustainable materials science company, with a purpose to deliver a sustainable future for the world through our materials science expertise and collaboration with our partners. Dowâs portfolio of plastics, industrial intermediates, coatings and silicones businesses delivers a broad range of differentiated science-based products and solutions for its customers in high-growth market segments, such as packaging, infrastructure, mobility and consumer care. Dow operates 106 manufacturing sites in 31 countries and employs approximately 35,700 people. Dow delivered sales of approximately $39 billion in 2020. References to Dow or the Company mean Dow Inc. and its subsidiaries.
How To Apply
Please submit your application as instructed in the job advert or Apply from Company Website