Pharmacist - Aseptic Services job from King's College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust in London SE5, United Kingdom
Monday 14th, March 2022
King's College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust is a reputed company based in Denmark Hill, London SE5. We are looking for talented professional from the field of Environment/ Health & Safety to join our team as Pharmacist - Aseptic Services.
On-call commitments will be required for this role, this is a residency service and the post holder will be expected to be on-call once in a 24 day period. Late duties and weekend working will also apply to this role and the post holder will be added to the wider pharmacy rota to fulfil these commitments.
The post holder is responsible for the delivery of ward based services involving parenteral nutrition as well as assisting and being responsible for the running of the Aseptic Services Department. This includes cytotoxic chemotherapy, parenteral nutrition (PN), centralised intravenous additives (CIVAS) and aseptic manufacturing services on all Trust sites.
King’s College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust is one of the UK’s largest and busiest teaching Trusts with a turnover of c£1 billion, 1.5 million patient contacts a year and more than 15,000 staff based across South East London. The Trust provides a full range of local and specialist services across its five sites. The trust-wide strategy of Strong Roots, Global Reach is our Vision to be BOLD, Brilliant people, Outstanding care, Leaders in Research, Innovation and Education, Diversity, Equality and Inclusion at the heart of everything we do. By being person-centred, digitally-enabled, and focused on sustainability, we aim to take Team King’s to another level.
We are at a pivotal point in our history and we require individuals who are ready to join a highly professional team and make a real, lasting difference to our patients and our people.
King’s is committed to delivering Sustainable Healthcare for All via our Green Plan. In line with national Greener NHS ambitions, we have set net zero carbon targets of 2040 for our NHS Carbon Footprint and 2045 for our NHS Carbon Footprint Plus. Everyone’s contribution is required in order to meet the goals set out in our Green Plan and we encourage all staff to work responsibly, minimising their contributions to the Trust’s carbon emissions, waste and pollution wherever possible.
- To co-ordinate day to day preparation of chemotherapy and clinical trial patient doses.
- To liaise with the Senior Pharmacy Technicians to ensure the safe, efficient and timely delivery of aseptic products.
- To be accountable for own professional actions (e.g. when on-call), but to be guided by national protocols, KCH Formulary and other local policies and procedures in relation to the provision of a clinical service.
- To ensure services provided are in line with local and national policies, guidelines and frameworks.
- To support the implementation and audit of plans, guidelines, procedures, policies and service changes within the production unit.
- To provide complex advice about medicines including dose modifications, mechanisms of action, calculations, dose benefit effects, choice of medicines, formulations, adverse effects, drug interactions, chemical compatibility and stability, pharmacokinetics, pharmacokinetics, etc. to doctors, nurses and other healthcare professionals individually and in multidisciplinary groups as part of on-call services and ward based parenteral nutrition rounds.
- To supervise staff working in the pharmacy aseptic unit and deputise for the Senior Pharmacists in their absence.
- To assist in the supervision of Pre-registration Pharmacists, Technicians and Student technicians and other junior pharmacy staff.
- To monitor the quality of the production pharmacy service and the performance of junior pharmacy staff.
- To undertake the dispensing, screening and checking of aseptically prepared clinical trials.
- To report errors internally and nationally to improve aseptic processes such as manufacturing.
How To Apply
Please submit your application as instructed in the job advert or Apply from Company Website