Pathology Assistant job from Luxembourg Institute of Health in Dudelange, Luxembourg
Monday 14th, March 2022
Luxembourg Institute of Health is a reputed company based in Strassen. We are looking for talented professional from the field of Hospital/ Nursing/ Healthcare to join our team as Pathology Assistant.
RUE LOUIS RECH 1, ENTRÉE B, DUDELANGE L-3555, LUXEMBOURG
- Receive surgical specimens and closely monitor requisitions for diagnosis, relevant questions to be addressed and special handling of specimens.
- Assess specimens with the naked eye with insight into any pathologic processes that may be present. Dictate gross descriptions of each specimen according to proscribed training and laboratory manuals. Take appropriate sections for histological preparation according to IBBL and hospital-based pathologists.
- Prepare digital photomicrographs of all specimens and take digital gross photographs when appropriate.
- Prepare TMAs using automated machines.
- Collaborate with IBBL CRCs and other staff as appropriate to ensure the collection of samples for biobanking and research purposes.
- Promote the work and reputation of IBBL with clinicians and the pathology community
KEY SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Min. Bachelor’s degree ideally in histopathological techniques or related field, a pathology assistant certification (or equivalent) with a minimum of 5 years job-related experience.
Training and daily work experience in conventional histological processing including the use of :
- Embedding center
- Slide staining system for conventional and special staining
- Training in Immunohistochemistry and in situ molecular biology technics (FISH CISH) through the use of automates such as Benchmark devices.
- Must be proficient in the use of computers relatives to technical equipment used and general office software (Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)).
- Must have competent lab bench skills.
- Language skills: Must speak and write English fluently. Additional fluency in French and German would be an asset
Contract type: 2-year fixed-term contract
Work hours: Full time
Start date: As soon as possible
HOW TO APPLY
Applications including a cover letter and a curriculum vitae should be sent through our website via the apply button below. Please apply ONLINE formally through this web page. Applications by email will not be considered.
Early application is highly encouraged, as the application will be processed upon reception.
How To Apply
Please submit your application as instructed in the job advert or Apply from Company Website