Operator job from GSK in Dungarvan, County Waterford, Ireland
Tuesday 15th, March 2022
Dungarvan, County Waterford
GSK is a reputed company based in India. We are looking for talented professional from the field of Environment/ Health & Safety to join our team as Operator.
Posted Date: Dec 14 2021
These Operator roles will be based in our Dungarvan sites and will be Fixed Term Contracts once available.
To provide direct support in the manufacturing and packaging process.
Scope of Responsibility
- Use / storage / processing / control of materials within relevant areas in the manufacturing operations dept. as per relevant approved documentation including SOP’s / Batch Documents / PO’s / etc.
- Use / storage / maintenance / cleaning of all equipment within the relevant areas in the manufacturing operations dept. as per approved documentation including SOP’s / Batch Documents / PO’s / etc.
- Achievement of operational targets including but not limited to OEE / RFT / Doc Error / c/o/ Waste reduction targets.
- Involvement with work center based Teams / Teamwork initiatives including but not limited to design / development / and implementation of Teamwork based projects e.g. audits, inspections, project implementation.
- Involvement and active participation with Continuous improvement projects and GPS
- Training / instruction of fellow operatives as designated by relevant supervisor
- Accurate reporting of department measures / metrics / controls which may be assigned.
- Maintaining and control of specialised equipment and tools in relevant areas.
- Completion of all Manufacturing and Packaging in process testing as per approved Documentation / SOP's / Batch Documents / Policies
- Other duties may be assigned on discretionary basis as required by new developments or changes to the role.
- Ensure Halal requirements are met in accordance with General Guidelines of Halal Assurance System LPPOM MUI for applicable Medical Device products / markets.
Impact of role on business objectives
The operator role is key in ensuring that:
- All product is manufactured and produced in a compliant manner
- Line performance is maintained to ensure that production schedule is met.
Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) Responsibilities
- Compliance with Safety standards / Polices / procedures when conducting or carrying out normal duties or work practices.
- Report all near misses, accidents or dangerous occurrences to their Department Manager/Supervisor immediately or as soon as is practicable thereafter.
- Document all near miss/ accidents in conjunction with team leader/Supervisor
- Cast the right shadow and lead by example.
- Compliance with quality standards / procedures / policies / SOP’s and all other approved documentation.
- During routine production from time to time deviations may occur in the process.
- These deviations may impact on product quality or line efficiency.
- The purpose of the Problem Solving Process is to provide a mechanism and guidelines to: carry out effective investigations into problems or deviations, implement an effective root cause analysis process that will yield the most likely root cause to the problem, implement effective corrective and / or preventative actions that will provide a high probability that the problem will not reoccur.
Interpersonal & Communication Skills
- Effective communication skills are essential to this role both within the core team online which consists of line leader/SPOs/SWOs Technician/operators and with other supports within the manufacturing value streams.
- Within the core team, and during a shift change it will be necessary to communicate current line performance, any issues noted during the shift, upcoming changeovers and current status of line and line documentation.
- Support and interactive communication with the wider shift members during weekly communication meetings.
- Supportive and interactive communication is required during any training activities.
- There is an expectation that any interaction /communication with fellow employees, contractors or visitors will be conducted in a respectful and courteous manner, being open honest and consistent.
- Leaving Certificate
- The ability to follow written and/or oral instructions and operate equipment.
- Previous experience desirable but not essential as full training will be given.
- Level 5 or 6 in Pharmaceutical Manufacturing
- Knowledge of CAPA, Cleanroom Operations, Continuous Improvement, GMP, EHS, Press Operations, Packaging and Labeling and Quality.
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making – using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you’d like to discuss any adjustments to our process which might help you demonstrate your strengths and capabilities. You can either call us on 0808 234 4391, or send an email [email protected]
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK’s compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK’s Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
How To Apply
Please submit your application as instructed in the job advert or Apply from Company Website