Operations Manager job from EV Logistics in Langley, BC, Canada
Tuesday 15th, March 2022
EV Logistics is a reputed company based in Langley, BC. We are looking for talented professional from the field of Production and Operations to join our team as Operations Manager.
EV Logistics provides distribution services for one of Western Canada's largest grocery retailers and we're looking for team members with a passion for providing exceptional service to our customers. Our work atmosphere is safety-focused, supportive, collaborative and performance driven. We're committed to continuous improvement and the growth of our employees, with programs that support learning, engagement and career advancement.
We are looking for an Operations Manager to lead our team and manage the day to day operation. This position reports to EV’s General Manager and works closely with all other functional roles as part of the Management team. It is a challenging and fast-paced position that holds many learning and development opportunities as part of the DHL – Supply Chain network. This position will be based in our perishable facility in the Gloucester area of Langley.
EV Logistics offers a competitive salary, benefits, and pension plan to a candidate who can:
- Lead a team of 4-6 Team Leaders
- Provide leadership, motivation, training, and development of the workforce while carrying out supply chain operations
- Develop a strong relationship with our customer, Save On Foods
- Ensure the enforcement of policies, procedures, and Health and Safety regulations and demonstrate outstanding communication skills
- Participates in the management of turnover among hourly and supervisory staff consistent with the site turnover objectives
- Utilize technology and computer programs to increase efficiency and communication and understand process performance versus target objectives; identify reasons for variance, communicate and implement necessary changes
- Interact professionally with all levels of the organization and contractors
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required or willingness to continue education
- 1-3 years supply chain management experience in transportation, distribution and/or freight management
- 2-4 years in a supervisory or management role
- Ability to interact effectively at multiple levels
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Successful applicants must be available to work days/afternoons/nights dependent on operational needs due to our 24 hour operation
This would be an excellent opportunity someone with strong and demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to develop our Supervisory team and build a close relationship with our customer.
Are you the person we have described? We would love to hear from you! Please apply by submitting your resume and cover letter.
The posted salary range is approximate. Salaries are determined based on the complement of varied education, skill, and experience specific to each successful candidate. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $80,000.00-$95,000.00 per year
- Bonus pay
- 8 hour shift
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- Supervisory: 2 years (preferred)
How To Apply
Please submit your application as instructed in the job advert or Apply from Company Website