Online Teaching Assistant And/or Tutor (part-time) job from Coursello in Washington, DC, United States
Sunday 8th, May 2022
Salary : USD 15
Coursello is a reputed company based in Washington, DC. We are looking for talented professional from the field of Education / Higher Education to join our team as Online Teaching Assistant And/or Tutor (part-time).
Coursello is a new education company on a mission to make high-quality courses accessible to all students. Founded by a former principal and leaders from LearnZillion, eBay, and Apple, Coursello provides schools and districts with high quality online courses that combine the flexibility of asynchronous learning (learning that can happen at anytime) with the interactivity of synchronous, small-group learning (learning that happens live at a scheduled time via videoconference). Coursello is backed by A-Street Ventures.
Coursello is looking to hire a team of remote Teaching Assistants and Tutors to support live, online high school courses in subjects ranging from Psychology to Algebra to Spanish, starting in August and September. We anticipate the team being composed largely of current undergraduate and graduate students. However, we are open to applicants who have already completed their studies.
Compensation & Schedule
- Stipend of $2,000-$3,000 per class per semester with the option for multiple classes (~$15-$20/hour)
- Position(s) are considered remote; candidates can work from home anywhere in the U.S.
- Class times will vary. We're looking for candidates who can take anywhere between 8-15 hours per week
Teaching Assistants are responsible for:
- Supporting the teacher in facilitating "live classes" for Coursello courses (there are 3 live classes per week). You will have weekly planning calls to prepare for your respective roles in each class.
- Hosting "live support classes" (there are 2 live support classes per week). During that time you will share the tasks for the class and check in with teams and individual students.
- Supporting the teacher with grading and providing feedback to students
- Providing additional support to students struggling with the academic expectations
- Collaborating with Coursello Course Designers and teachers to continually improve the course content
Tutors are responsible for:
- Tutoring small groups (2-4 students) in math (Algebra, Geometry, Algebra 2) several times a week for 30-40 minutes over zoom
- Preparing for tutoring sessions by reviewing the lesson slides ahead of time
- Building relationships/trust with each student in the tutoring group
- Communicating progress/updates with the Coursello teacher
- Coordinating with the school's learning coach/proctor
What matters most:
Coursello courses are designed for student engagement. We engage teams of students in meaningful tasks and texts, inviting them into the heart of a discipline. Coursello Teaching Assistants and Tutors are relentless about supporting student engagement and helping students connect their course experience to their interest in pursuing college and career pathways.
Coursello College Teaching Assistants and Tutors love to help others and are seamless partners with teachers to support student learning and achievement.
You're good at
- Being reliable; being a rock when it comes to your responsibilities
- Connecting in an authentic way with a diverse range of young people; sharing relevant experiences to build caring relationships to enable student learning
- Tutoring students; facilitating learning in complementary small group settings
- Managing your time; prioritizing purposefully to meet expectations
- Collaborating with teammates; learning with and from teachers and fellow teaching assistants and empower the growth of colleagues
- Quickly getting comfortable with course content; you are curious and a quick study
- Experience teaching or tutoring in some capacity
Note to Candidates
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they check all the boxes listed in a job description. We are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job, and that candidate may be one who comes from a less traditional background. We encourage you to apply, even if you don't believe you meet every one of our qualifications described.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We celebrate difference and diversity and we recognize it as core to our mission and values.
Our mission is to make high-quality courses accessible to all students.
Our core values are:
- We see obstacles as opportunities
- We use software to bring out the best in people (not the other way around)
- We leave our egos at the door
- We make decisions based on a diversity of perspectives
- We draw strength from our lives outside of Coursello
How To Apply
Please submit your application as instructed in the job advert or Apply from Company Website