Officer job from Coastal Trading & Engineering Co. in Doha, Qatar
Sunday 8th, May 2022
Coastal Trading & Engineering Co. is a reputed company based in Doha. We are looking for talented professional from the field of Business Management to join our team as Officer.
- Graduate in any discipline preferably in Engineering.
- HSE Qualification such as NEBOSH General Certificate or equivalent
- 5+ years of proven experience as a Safety Officer in Steel fabrication industry (plant & site activities).
- GCC experience is an added advantage.
- In depth knowledge of International standards (e.g. OSHA/EPA) & procedures, knowledge about local regulations.
- Excellent knowledge of potentially hazardous materials or practices
- Trainable knowledge to other employees on first-aid and fire-fighting systems and practices.
- Expert in risk mitigation planning, its implementation & monitoring.
- Expertise in producing reports & proficient in all Microsoft Applications.
- Working knowledge of safety management information system
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Good with numbers and an eye for detail
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Monitor and report the Health, Safety and Environmental performance of the site activities, plant / workshop
- Undertake HSE audits & inspections, accident reporting and investigation, ensure corrective actions and recommendations are conclusively closed-out.
- Ensure implementation according to schedule and participate at regular Tool box talks, Safety training, Mock drills & Fire drills to employees and follow-up recommended improvement measures following such exercises.
- Focus on proactive identification of hazards & risks, and propose appropriate solutions for mitigation of any safety risk.
- Attend regular meetings with the site contractor(s), other external & internal stake-holders, discuss and agree solutions to HSE concerns, hazards & risks.
- Be proactive in promoting HSE awareness at all levels within the team.
- Monitor the implementation of control measures identified during risk analyses while carrying out fabrication, construction, storing, logistic & installation activities.
- Check and ensure that first aid materials and equipment are available in the work site, workshop & plant.
- To develop and administer programs to ensure compliance with safety, health and environmental regulations for employees, facilities, operations and the visiting personnel.
- Report immediately to the senior management of any serious safety breaches & hazardous environment and measures taken thereby.
- Monitor statutory compliance by carrying out regular inspections and auditing.
- Submitting required reports to the General Manager on-time.
- Carrying out other activities in line with HSE as directed by management.
How To Apply
Please submit your application as instructed in the job advert or Apply from Company Website