Office Manager job from Atlantis Research Labs in Calgary, AB, Canada
Saturday 7th, May 2022
Salary : CAD 55000
Atlantis Research Labs is a reputed company based in Calgary, AB. We are looking for talented professional from the field of Business Management to join our team as Office Manager.
Atlantis Research Labs Inc. is a Western Canadian research and development company focused on new technologies for the aerospace/defense and energy sectors. We develop and leverage patented products to bring innovation to market through our subsidiaries. We currently have operations based out of Calgary and Medicine Hat.
We are currently seeking a full time Office Manager with unparalleled communication skills who will report to our Chief Operating Officer and support the Executive Team from our SE Calgary facility. This individual will require a diverse skill set to successfully manage all aspects of the front office. The ideal candidate will have excellent time management skills and a strong attention to detail and accuracy of work. Consistently meeting project and operational deadlines on time is an important function of this position.
Record-keeping & Documentation:
- Attend meetings and take minutes, as required
- Responsible for sorting, organizing, and filing of sensitive documentation
- Work closely with executives and outside consultants (lawyers, accountants) to maintain diary of future action items
- Effectively organize / maintain files and company records
- Provide word processing and related administrative support on documents, agreements, and general correspondence.
- Prepare documents using Microsoft Office including drafting letters, power points, spreadsheets, etc. for review and distribution
Communications & Scheduling
- Screening and redirecting incoming calls and emails as required
- Arranging detailed travel plans and itineraries and prepare expense reports.
- Coordinate / prepare meeting materials and agendas
- Perform general administrative tasks including calendar management, photocopying, filing, faxing, scanning, opening, and closing files
- Collaborate and engage with co-workers, clients, contractors, shareholders, and directors; manage these relationships in a manner that facilitates a positive corporate image
- Produce company newsletters (Monthly/Quarterly/Annual) and maintain regular stakeholder communications
- Update social media accounts and websites
- Coordinate and host special events for clients and shareholders when required
General Office Upkeep
- General upkeep of office and light-duty cleaning to keep an organized work environment
- General maintenance, restocking / ordering products, making coffee, host services
- Running errands: picking up supplies, travel between office, mail drop-off, etc
- Contacting suppliers/vendors to fix office equipment, request services, etc.
Duties may also include:
- Coordinate activities and inter-company communications between multiple business units and between offices in multiple locations
- HR (Human Resources) functions which includes for example: onboarding and orientation of new employees
- IT (Information Technology) functions including for example: email administration, video conferencing preparations, laptop assignments, etc.
- Act as a facilitator for all local meetings including offsite bookings, providing supplies and refreshments
- Schedule and organize corporate and office social event functions
- Basic bookkeeping skills would be an asset
- Other duties as assigned.
Chief Operating Officer
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From CAD 55,000/PA
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $55,000.00 per year
- Overtime pay
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- 8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Calgary, AB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
Application deadline: 2022-05-13
How To Apply
Please submit your application as instructed in the job advert or Apply from Company Website