Newly Qualified Accountant, Cloud Controllership job from Google in Dublin, County Dublin, Ireland
Monday 14th, March 2022
Dublin, County Dublin
Google is a reputed company based in Belgrave House, 76, London. We are looking for talented professional from the field of Accounting / Auditing to join our team as Newly Qualified Accountant, Cloud Controllership.
Google will be prioritizing applicants who have a current right to work in Singapore, and do not require Google's sponsorship of a visa.
- Professional qualification CIMA/ACA/ACCA or equivalent.
- Relevant experience from accounting practice and/or public multinational high-tech companies.
- Experience with accounting principles, including US GAAP, IFRS and related international accounting standards.
- Experience with SAP ERP system.
- Ability to handle a varied and diverse workload, while ensuring accuracy, timeliness and a high degree of attention to detail and a commitment to continuous process improvement;
- Team player who demonstrates strong drive for results, shows leadership, and possesses excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to effectively operate with flexibility in a fast-paced, constantly evolving team environment;
About the job
Google accountants are a savvy bunch who handle the core accounting responsibilities at Google. You know your accounting principles and the full accounting process end to end. You'll advise on financial reports required by governmental regulations, and review, analyze, and interpret financial and budgetary reports. Every day is a new challenge, and you're continually looking for ways to help our team become more efficient and effective. A team player at heart, you collaborate with our global team, advocate best practices and pitch in where needed. You move fast while keeping your attention to detail, and you tap into your problem-solving skills to support business objectives.
The International Controllership seeks to ensure that any Alphabet company can do any business in any country. This organization forms an integral part of Alphabet’s global controllership, working closely with our global operations team, professional service providers, in-country business leaders, and the broader finance, tax and legal teams. In this role, you will sit within the EMEA Cloud Controllership which oversees financial statement reporting, accounting for revenue deals, sales compliance, and business launch support for EMEA’s rapidly growing Cloud business.
You will have the opportunity to support one of Google’s fastest growing businesses. You'll be focused on supporting the growing portfolio of Cloud companies in EMEA, and supporting the expansion of Cloud products and infrastructure in the region to enable the long term growth and success of the business.
The name Google came from "googol," a mathematical term for the number 1 followed by 100 zeros. And nobody at Google loves big numbers like the Finance team when providing in depth analysis on all manner of strategic decisions across Google products. From developing forward-thinking analysis to generating management reports to scaling our automated financial processes, the Finance organization is an important partner and advisor to the business.
- Be responsible for overseeing the annual statutory financial statements and tax compliance process, including management of the external audit and tax filings for a portfolio of Cloud companies in EMEA.
- Perform regular in-depth analysis on the financials, ensuring the integrity and financial accuracy of our books and records. Prepare, analyze and post journals at month end.
- Review reconciliations of key balance sheet account balances and related reporting.
- Represent International Controllership with our key business partners through effective communication across a broad network of stakeholders.
How To Apply
Please submit your application as instructed in the job advert or Apply from Company Website