National Program Officer (psu) job from United Nations Pakistan in Pakistan, Pakistan
Monday 14th, March 2022
United Nations Pakistan is a reputed company based in Pakistan. We are looking for talented professional from the field of Science and Research to join our team as National Program Officer (psu).
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Over the years, IOM has expanded and affirmed its role as the leading Organization assisting the Government of Pakistan to ensure humane and orderly movement of people by devising practical solutions to shifting dynamics of migration, protecting, assisting and supporting vulnerable migrant populations, promoting international cooperation on migration issues and serving as a key source of advice on migration policy, research, data and practice.
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission and direct supervision of the Senior Programme Manager, and in close coordination with programme leads in the mission, the National Programme Officer – Program Support will be responsible for deliverables outlined in the following sections:
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- In coordination with the senior management team, act as focal point within the Unit for reporting on the mission annual report (institutional questionnaire) and other mission recurring reports (Humanitarian Compendium, regional reports etc.).
- Serve as focal point for all matters pertaining to the visibility of IOM and its work in Pakistan. Prepare and regularly update information materials (factsheets, background information, etc.), briefings, talking points and presentations on different aspects of the mission work, in coordination with relevant staff.
- Develop and regularly update communication platforms including the Mission website and social media outlets (Facebook, Twitter).
- In close coordination with relevant projects staff, produce the mission Newsletter on quarterly basis, ensuring representation of different projects and programming areas.
- Contribute to key documents such as progress reports for donors, press releases and other reports.
- Support relevant programme staff and senior management team on the development and submission of concept notes and proposals through PRIMA in line with the overall mission strategic response.
- Support preparation and implementation of assessments and research based initiatives at all levels.
- Develop and maintain register of all project reports and other documentation to support overall mission knowledge management efforts.
- Assist in maintaining liaison with field staff, government authorities, UN agencies, national and international organizations and media partners aiming at coordinating new activities.
- Support the senior management in IOM’s engagement in the overall One UN Programme and coordination with the Resident Coordinator’s Office and other UN agencies including drafting and submission of IOM inputs.
- Support adequate levels of information sharing between internal units, sector partners, IOM and other humanitarian partners.
- Stay up to date regarding assessments and reports produced by other agencies and organizations and ensure relevant and important information is incorporated in IOM project reports and future strategies.
- Participate in mission key events and workshops, and undertake duty travel to field missions as needed in order to acquire material, including photographs, videos and stories of work being undertaken by the field, that would promote IOM with donors and governments.
- Promote and facilitate the integration within all activities of gender perspectives and attention to the specific needs of vulnerable populations such as pregnant women, persons with disabilities, the elderly, children and other extremely vulnerable groups.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
University degree in business administration, development or a related field, from an accredited academic institution, with at least two years of relevant professional experience, preferably in reporting, communication, program development or similar roles.
- Experience in preparation of project narrative reports, statements and other reports.
- Experience in project design, donor and partner liaison an advantage.
- Experience working with UN agency or international organization; prior work with IOM and familiarity with IOM protocols is an asset.
- Experience in liaising with UN agencies, government counterparts, and international and national humanitarian agencies.
- Excellent analytical, conceptual, reporting and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively at all levels and across teams in developing, coordinating and integrating strong reporting and project products
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills to undertake productive consultation, collaboration, negotiation and build effective relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to multitask, plan and work to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrate proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Publisher, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Fluency in English and Urdu is essential, including proficient English writing skills.
- Working knowledge of other local languages in Pakistan especially, but not limited to, Punjabi and Pashto.
IOM provides equal opportunity to all qualified female and male including the physically challenged candidates.
How To Apply
Please submit your application as instructed in the job advert or Apply from Company Website