Medical Record Assistant job from NMC Specialty AUH in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Monday 14th, March 2022
NMC Specialty AUH is a reputed company based in Abu Dhabi. We are looking for talented professional from the field of Hospital/ Nursing/ Healthcare to join our team as Medical Record Assistant.
Filing, retrieving and maintaining of medical records of all patients.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Receive the records from filing rack according to the request.
- Retrieval of all records for the purpose of continuing patient care, including appointment & walk in patient records and for the insurance /administrative purpose.
- Writing the tracer cards and saving the request in HMS must be done before retrieving the records from the shelves.
- Tracing of wrongly filed records in all possibilities.
- Details of missing records shall be entered in the Missing File Register.
- Filing of all returned records from the departments. Filing shall be done after entering the return entry in the HMS.
- Attend incoming calls with proper attitude and response immediately.
- Maintain periodical checking of pending .un returned medical records and reporting to the supervisor.
- Maintain the department and filing area neatly and be reported to the infection control facilitator.
- Responsible for shifting/arrangement of files in the rack.
- Works evenings, week-ends and holidays according to the schedule compiled by the head of department.
- Strictly adheres to organization’s regulations and policies especially those related to infection control, patient safety, EHSMS, HAAD, JCI and ISO.
- Supports Continuous Quality Improvement and participates and contributes to all the quality assurance activities of the service.
- Participates and contributes in scheduled in-service training programs, In house activities, conferences or other programs as requested.
- Exercises effective interpersonal skills in dealings with department staff, associates and Management.
- Maintains confidentiality as per the agreement signed.
- Demonstrates the ability to listen to others in promoting effective communication.
- Develops thorough understanding of policies and procedures of the hospital and demonstrates respect for them.
- Carries out other duties when requested by the Head of department.
- Comply with all OSH and infection control policies, standards and procedures and cooperate with hospital management to comply those requirements
- Work accordance with the documented OSH procedures and instructions, specific responsibilities
- Be familiar with emergency and evacuation procedures
- Notifying OSH Hazards, incidents, Near misses and issues and assistance with the preparation of risk assessments, incident reports
- Comply with Waste management procedures and policies
- Attend applicable OSH/Infection control training programs, mock drills and awareness programs
- Use of appropriate personal protective equipment and safety systems
Qualification, Licensure, Education, Experience, Special Skills:
- Qualification: Undergraduate/Equivalent
- Experience : With or without experience.
- Skills : Computer Literacy.
- Excellent command of oral and written English. Knowledge in Arabic is desirable but not essential.
How To Apply
Please submit your application as instructed in the job advert or Apply from Company Website