Math Research And Curriculum Expert (learning Assessments) job from Duolingo in Remote, United States
Sunday 8th, May 2022
Duolingo is a reputed company based in Pittsburgh, PA. We are looking for talented professional from the field of Science and Research to join our team as Math Research And Curriculum Expert (learning Assessments).
Use your expertise in elementary math education to help improve how millions of people learn math on Duolingo!
We are looking for a freelance research and curriculum expert who has research experience conducting interviews with children and parents, expertise in mathematics pedagogy, and some experience crafting math learning experiences. This is a temporary freelance position (no benefits included). All work will be conducted remotely and hours are flexible.
- Use your research experience with children and families to develop interview, focus group, and math observation protocols that are illuminating and relevant for participants.
- Use your expertise in mathematics pedagogy to review tasks and provide feedback on alignment with standards as well as commonly used teaching practices.
- Use your curricular background to suggest novel, engaging exercises that use humor and creativity to help learners improve their math performance.
- Full professional proficiency in English
- MA/MS in education, psychology, cognitive science or similar
- Experience researching mathematics learning for elementary aged participants
- Experience mathematical tasks that are aligned to common core standards
- Basic digital literacy (Google docs, spreadsheets)
- Excellent interpersonal communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work at least 15 hours a week
Exceptional Candidates WiIl Have...
- Experience with digital learning technologies for math learning
- Familiarity with commonly used math curricula and interventions
- Experience coaching teachers or leading math professional development
Our mission at Duolingo is to develop the best education in the world and make it universally available. But we've got more left to do — and that's where you come in!
Duolingo is the most popular language-learning application in the world, with over 500 million learners and over half a billion exercises completed daily. Beyond our core learning product, we have also entered into literacy with Duolingo ABC (https://www.duolingo.com/abc) and English proficiency testing with the Duolingo English Test (https://englishtest.duolingo.com/home).
We are passionate about educating our users, making fact-based decisions, and finding innovative solutions to complex problems. We offer meaningful work, limitless learning opportunities, and collaboration with world-class minds. Come brighten your life and over half a billion more!
How To Apply
Please submit your application as instructed in the job advert or Apply from Company Website