Manufacturing Specialist job from The Protein Brewery in Postcode 4817 in Breda, Netherlands
Tuesday 15th, March 2022
Postcode 4817 in Breda
The Protein Brewery is a reputed company based in Postcode 4817 in Breda. We are looking for talented professional from the field of Engineering / Manufacturing to join our team as Manufacturing Specialist.
Vacancy Manufacturing Specialist Demo Plant
The best way to predict the future is to create it yourself. Continuing to provide a fast-growing world population with healthy food in a sustainable way, that is the reason for existence of The Protein Brewery (TPB). Do you also want to contribute to solving one of the most important issues of our time? Then we are curious about you!
Who are we?
The Protein Brewery (TPB) is a young, highly innovative company focused on creative technologies to develop and produce sustainable food ingredients using classical brewing and precision fermentation technology. We are addressing the eminent global shift from animal-based food ingredients towards a sustainable, plant-based food chain. Our team in Breda currently consists of 35 people and is growing fast. The present organization is mission-driven and Holacracy powered, where the shared purpose of the organization, the teams and the individuals are aligned. Our culture can be described by our core values;
SHARING the same purpose. Working together as one team in our pursuit to reach our mission and have a positive and lasting impact on the world around us and beyond, while having fun.
DARING to do what no one did before andencouraging whoever dares to do so. Creating a stimulating environment where people feel free to innovate in a pragmatic way. Enabling us to remain agile and to move ahead speedily.
TRUSTING each other’s capacities, intentions and sense of responsibility, leading to a culture of ownership, undivided responsibility and relentless dedication.
CARING for each other and your work environment. Supporting each other, professionally and personally. Valuing each team member as the person he or she is, regardless of background, capacities or status.
Who are we looking for?
The Protein Brewery has developed a completely new, highly nutritious food ingredient based on brewing, called Fermotein®. We are scaling from lab to factory scale, and put into production our pilot plant last year. In the pilot plant we make reference material for prospects and we conduct research to further scale up to demonstration plant scale. At the moment we are building our demonstration plant in Breda and we’re looking for a Manufacturing Specialist to be part of the start-up team of this new plant being responsible for developing and implementing all SOP’s, procurement, safety and to provide a method to ensure operational efficiency. You’re someone who can come up with relevant and practical systems and policies that will help achieve the efficient and smooth operations or our production process.
What are your responsibilities and scope in this role?
- Design and develop efficient manufacturing procedures for the Demo plant such as: procurement of raw materials from identifying need to request for quote, negotiate contracts to purchasing; a preventive maintenance and spare part strategy to ensure smooth operations; efficient and consequent daily production planning; ensured safety, health and environment.
- Implement and coordinate start-up of SOPs during start-up of Demo plant beginning 2023 by execution of efficient operation, ensuring clean and orderly facility and a consistent quality of the product.
- Provide and implement a way of working to ensure operational efficiency (for instance 5S and/or TPM (total productive maintenance) model).
What does your profile look like?
We are a good match if you...
- have a BSc (HBO) or MSc degree, for example chemical engineering, chemistry or comparable education.
- have 10+ years of experience in a similar role in the Food industry;
- have experience with the commissioning of a plant;
- have strong communication skills and are empathic with the ability to interact with all layers of the organization;
- are fluent (written and spoken) in Dutch and English.
What do we have to offer?
- A 1,5 year contract for this specific start-up project but with the possibility to extend and grow with the company.
- A dynamic, enthusiastic, and rapidly growing start-up work environment.
- Being part of a small team of professionals with a strong can-do mentality.
- A competitive salary package including an Employee Stock Option Plan.
Soort dienstverband: Voltijds, Tijdelijk
Contractduur 18 maanden
- Flexibele werkuren
- Werk vanuit huis
Mogelijkheid om te reizen/verhuizen:
- 4817 Breda: kunnen pendelen of van plan zijn te verhuizen voordat het contract ingaat (Vereist)
Deadline sollicitaties: 18-03-2022
How To Apply
Please submit your application as instructed in the job advert or Apply from Company Website