Maintenance Technician job from Pfizer in Newbridge, County Kildare, Ireland
Sunday 8th, May 2022
Newbridge, County Kildare
Pfizer is a reputed company based in Dublin, County Dublin. We are looking for talented professional from the field of Electronics / Electrical to join our team as Maintenance Technician.
This position is a hands-on Maintenance technician front line maintenance role. The Technician will be a time served electrician / fitter and will be responsible for all front line activities associated with the continued operation of all plant/equipment. The technician will be expected to support the equipment in all aspects (Mechanical & Electrical) making the best use of the skills available in the Maintenance team as the situation requires.
In this role, you will be responsible for undertaking all initial fault diagnostics and when necessary coordinating the required support services to ensure a swift and effective resolution is achieved for all problems. While the emphasis will be on execution of the Preventive Maintenance program and diagnosis and resolution of equipment issues to support production, liaison with the Engineering group will also be required where system changes are required to correct operational issues (Mechanical & Electrical).
You will complete all maintenance routines and oversee the completion of maintenance routines by third party suppliers. The Technician will comply with all site policies and procedures. They will integrate with their team members within both the engineering and manufacturing organisations to help maintain and fault find all production/ Packaging / Utility equipment as required.
The Technician will be able to develop and operate a Planned Maintenance Management System in a cGMP environment and work with a multi-skilled maintenance team to execute maintenance, investigate faults/failures, remedy plant issues, maximise plant availability. You will support Zero Defect initiatives such as asset care programmes which will involve ownership of equipment issues\actions identified through Standard work for Manufacturing and Maintenance. They will also support the 5 S program on site
Full Time – Permanent, Shift based as required
- To ensure all company and Site Engineering policies and procedures are adhered to.
- To ensure all work carried out and equipment installed is safe, effective and in compliance with the appropriate industry standards.
- To ensure all work undertaken is reflected accurately in Work Order documentation and/or up to date Engineering / project information files.
- To be the systems maintenance expert in a cGMP environment.
- To work closely with the manufacturing organisation to ensure that the status of all plant equipment and systems are communicated and understood at all times.
- To implement all planned maintenance activities in accordance with cGMP and excellence in engineering practices.
- To diagnose and resolve equipment issues (mechanical, electrical, instrumentation). This may require the use of diagnostic tools within the automation system / PLC programming software. This may also include performing temporary automation interventions in support of production.
- When necessary review all Maintenance Task Lists, SOP’s, Eams work Instructions, and other relevant documentation to instigate the necessary changes post review.
- To deliver training in line with site training procedures.
- To review equipment spares holding levels and make changes post review
- To pursue solutions consistent with continuous improvement philosophy
- Demonstrates the ability to act as the single POC (Point of contact) duties when scheduled or required.
- Review & completed EAMS work orders.
- Coach / Train Maintenance technicians / operations colleagues as required.
- Any other activities as directed by the Plant Engineer.
Experience & Educationl requirements:
- Time served apprenticeship (Electrical / Mechanical)
- Experience with cGMP area requirements.
- Knowledge of Automation systems
- Proven track record with operating within Planned Maintenance System
- Experience of utility system equipment
- Condition based monitoring of Production Equipment.
- Should be able to demonstrate hands on experience with detailed knowledge/skill in the majority of the following areas;
- Troubleshooting/repair of Low Voltage Electrical Systems,
- Troubleshooting / repair of Mechanical systems
- Experience on ATEX requirements
- Electronic fault-finding to Card / PCB level
- Customer focused with good interpersonal and teamworking skills
- Demonstrate leadership skills.
In order to be considered for this position in Ireland you need to be legally eligible to work in Ireland.
Please note there is no relocation support available for this position
Make a difference today, all suitable candidates should apply with CV below. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
How To Apply
Please submit your application as instructed in the job advert or Apply from Company Website