Logistics Supervisor job from The Mississauga Food Bank in Mississauga, ON, Canada
Monday 14th, March 2022
The Mississauga Food Bank is a reputed company based in Mississauga, ON. We are looking for talented professional from the field of Supply Chain / Logistics / Procurement to join our team as Logistics Supervisor.
The Mississauga Food Bank’s (TMFB) vision is a* Mississauga where no one goes hungry.* We relieve hunger by providing and promoting access to healthy and appropriate food.
As a member of the Operations team, this person will collaborate with colleagues on the development, programs, and operations teams to manage logistics for food donation pickups and food distribution to agencies in Mississauga, by efficiently managing the fleet resources of the organization.
Key Performance Areas
Logistics Coordination and Communication (50%)
- Primary responsibility for the optimization of and procedures for use of routing software (Fleetmatics Work). Manage the schedule of the drivers and ensure optimum utilization of trucking capacity and driver time
- After a donation is offered, take over from the Development and Food sourcing teams to coordinate logistics including scheduling pickups from food donors across the GTA in a timely manner to ensure customer satisfaction
- Work closely with the Programs team to schedule and coordinate deliveries to food agencies and programs across Mississauga in a timely manner
- Dispatch and inform drivers of assigned jobs and maintain communication with them during their day, relaying any information in real-time to the donor, agency, or Development and Food Sourcing teams. Maintain contact with the customer throughout the duration of an order, communicating both positive and negative occurrences
- Monitor, track and verify inventory levels, following FIFO requirements for all owned and 3PL locations
- Maintain excellent relationships with agency, donors, and other vendors to support TMFB’s good reputation in the community
- Manage and implement maintenance schedules for all trucks to ensure minimum downtime and having full trucking capacity
- Report all unsafe situations, practices, and/or equipment to the Warehouse & Operations Manager
Documentation and Reporting (20%)
- Achieve and improve upon efficiency KPIs related to fleet and generate monthly reports and share with the Warehouse & Operations Manager
- Prepare Bills of Lading and ensure signed agency copies are managed in accordance with TMFB standard operating procedures utilizing the inventory management system, supporting efforts to digitize this process. Audit documents to ensure compliance and functioning operations
- Ensure all other documents (eg. invoices and other donation-related documents) are submitted for processing and that the periodic renewal of legal documents is done in a timely manner.
Supervision of Staff (20%)
- Supervise the work of 3 Drivers to foster healthy success for TMFB. Represent and model TMFB’s values and culture. Responsible for assigning and ensuring completion of tasks, regular 1-on-1 meetings, recruiting, hiring/terminating, performance evaluation, and training/development
- Establish accountabilities for staff and evaluate performance regularly using organization-wide tools. Translate broad goals into achievable steps. Set and manage appropriate expectations against established KPIs
- Deliver necessary training and coaching to enable employees to meet performance expectations. Assess employee ability to meet compliance regulations and ensure all necessary training is delivered to meet employees’ needs
- Liaise with the Volunteer Coordinator to ensure adequate truck assistants are available
Other Duties As Assigned and Required (10%)
Education and Experience
- 5+ years experience in a warehouse/logistics environment managing shipping and receiving, at least 2 years in a supervisory role
- Class G driver’s license with a clean driver’s abstract preferred
- University or college degree in a relevant field or equivalent work experience
- Familiarity with warehouse policies and practices such as safe food handling
Skills, Competencies, and Qualities
- Passion. A passion for mission-driven work and personal values aligned with those of TMFB. Concern for and interest in issues of poverty, food security, and/or social justice
- Leadership. Influence, inspire and motivate others around you to participate and take action. Professional presence, approachable. Self-aware of strengths and weaknesses
- Proactivity/Enthusiasm/Persistence. Act without being told what to do. Passionate and excited about work. Can-do attitude. Ability to work autonomously while being aware of the importance of accountability. Committed to exceeding standards and ongoing improvement
- Technical. Excellent skills in MS Office and/or Google Apps for business (specifically Excel/Sheets); experience with inventory management systems/software and a fleet management software package. Ability to learn new systems quickly. TMFB is a cloud-based, paperless environment
- Flexibility/adaptability. Flexible, versatile, and tolerant in a changing work environment while maintaining effectiveness and efficiency. Adjust quickly to changing priorities and conditions
- Relationship Building/Customer Service. Excellent Internal and external relationship-building skills. Demonstrated ability to work effectively with suppliers, staff, volunteers, and other relevant stakeholders. Provide superior service to both internal and external customers
- Problem-Solving Skills. Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency, and risks, and make clear, timely decisions that are in the best interests of TMFB
- Communication. Speak, listen, and write English in a clear, confident, respectful, thorough, and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques. Superb phone manner
- Organization. Set goals, implement action plans, document, evaluate, and learn. Committed to exceeding standards. Ability to carry out multiple tasks and meet deadlines
Why Work for Us?
- Be proud of helping to relieve hunger in Mississauga by providing and promoting access to healthy and appropriate food
- Join a fantastic culture where people laugh a lot, pitch in during those “all-hands-on-deck” times, and enjoy celebrating together at birthdays, holidays, and team outings. We work hard to live our values of Community, Collaboration, Excellence, and Integrity
- We value the contributions of our staff, so we have a professional workspace, up-to-date technology, and a lunchroom with all the tea or coffee you can drink
- We offer great benefits including 3 weeks of paid vacation starting in your first year, RRSP contribution matching, solid health insurance including an employee assistance program, free parking, and funding for professional development
- The Mississauga Food Bank is a proud recipient of the 2020 Not for Profit of the Year Award from the Mississauga Board of Trade Business Awards of Excellence and is a certified Living Wage employer.
Relationships: This position reports to the Warehouse & Operations Manager and supervises three staff drivers. Frequent interaction by phone and email with volunteers, donors, vendors, and agencies
Position Type: Full-time, occasional evening and weekend work required
Compensation: Starting salary of $49,000-$54,000
Environment: This role is based from TMFB’s offices. All staff are required to be fully vaccinated against the Covid-19 virus or will be subject to rapid tests every 2 days. Some exposure to non-climate controlled conditions in the warehouse. Work near equipment such as motorized and manual pallet movers; safety shoes/equipment required.
As part of its commitment to racial justice and reconciliation, TMFB encourages applications from those who identify as Black, Indigenous, People of Colour, and other under-represented communities. We welcome applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process._
Job Type: Full-time
How To Apply
Please submit your application as instructed in the job advert or Apply from Company Website