Logistics Specialist job from Kadex Aero Supply in Peterborough, ON, Canada
Monday 14th, March 2022
Kadex Aero Supply is a reputed company based in Peterborough, ON. We are looking for talented professional from the field of Supply Chain / Logistics / Procurement to join our team as Logistics Specialist.
KADEX Aero Supply is seeking an experienced Logistics Specialist to support the organizations freight needs. This position will coordinate the safe transportation of our products, preparing freight schedules, and communicating with customers.
To ensure success as a Logistics Specialist, the right candidate will possess extensive knowledge of the operational side of transportation services, and experience in a similar role. A top-notch Logistics Specialist will be someone whose expertise in the field of transportation liaising results in efficient and cost-effective services.
- Contact truck companies for quotes to move product
- Schedule trucks to pick up product, which includes completing commercial invoices and bills of lading
- Compare commercial invoicing to custom clearance documents, and interpret custom queries
- Follow advance shipping notifications to schedule the right service for delivery
- Ensure all necessary documentation is entered for daily shipments, and follows CBSA guidelines
- Follow up with the truck companies to make sure the product has been picked up and to get ETA’s
- Follow up on/expedite shipments that are stuck with FedEX/UPS/truck/Airlines
- Ensure imported and exported items are correctly classified
- Complete freight quotes and claims when needed
- Oversee/answer dangerous goods questions and assist with preparation for shipping if necessary
- Provide customs details to our broker and/or couriers (currently I have been sending the requests to the buyer)
Minimum Experience and Education Requirements:
- Previous relevant logistics experience will be an asset
- Experience with various freight companies will be an asset
- Preference will be given to those with aviation experience
- Any relevant professional certification will be of added advantage.
- Fluency in English
Skills & Competencies:
- Good communication skills on all fronts, as well as excellent interpersonal skills so as to ensure free flow of company logistics process
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent customer care ability
- Good analytical skills and ability to prioritize in the face of multiple tasks
- Excellent time management skills so as to ensure efficiency in service delivery at all times
- Ability to be proactive when dealing with customer complaints or requests
- Good numerical and IT skills
- Proficient in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
*Due to the nature of the recruitment process, only the candidates best qualified for the position will be contacted. No office visits or phone calls please.
**KADEX Aero Supply is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer committed to providing reasonable accommodations throughout the recruitment process to applicants upon their request. This commitment is accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Monday to Friday
Application deadline: 2022-03-25
How To Apply
Please submit your application as instructed in the job advert or Apply from Company Website