Logistics Lead job from Subsea 7 in Doha, Qatar
Monday 9th, May 2022
Subsea 7 is a reputed company based in Paris (75). We are looking for talented professional from the field of Supply Chain / Logistics / Procurement to join our team as Logistics Lead.
Subsea & Conventional
40 hours per week
Subsea 7 is a global leader in the delivery of offshore projects and services for the evolving energy industry, with over 80 nationalities across more than 30 countries. Everywhere we operate, our people are inspired to develop new ways of working and adapt to the changing energy industry.
We provide project management, engineering and construction expertise across the full field lifecycle. These services are delivered within three operational business units: Subsea and Conventional, Life of Field, and Renewables and Heavy Lifting.
Within Africa, Middle East & Caspian region (AMEC), we safely execute Subsea and Conventional projects which connect seabed wellhead infrastructures to surface facilities such as platforms and floating production systems. We are actively present in a significant number of countries in Africa, Europe, Caspian Sea, Middle East and Asia.
Based in Qatar, the Logistics Lead has the responsibility to facilitate the movement of marine fleet, vessels, personnel, equipment and materials, offshore (and back onshore again) as required, in support of project work scopes. He/she is responsible for the implementation of Subsea 7 processes related to logistics while being knowledgeable and accountable for the specifics associated with operating in the Qatar & Middle East.
The Logistics Lead reports to the Logistics Manager. The function is embedded in the Qatar Operations Group.
- Liaise with SCM Team, Project Management Team, Freight Forwarder & marine agents in order to establish schedules for project marine fleet, materials and equipment.
- Liaising with Procurement Department on Shipment Readiness, Review Shipping Documents provided by vendor and make sure they are in order with Company’s Shipping SOPs and with destination country requirements and maintain track records of goods clearance.
- Confirm collection, dispatch and delivery of shipment at destination on a timely manner, failure in which, investigate and take corrective measures
- Make sure temporary shipments and Rental Equipment’s are shipped with due diligence and ensure destination country requirements are fulfilled. Also ensure, temporary shipments are returned under stipulated time frame in order to claim back duties and Taxes kept as deposits.
- Make sure the accurate Commodity classification codes are used while shipping equipment’s and materials. Identify where duty exemptions can be availed by virtue of HS Codes
- Whenever DG shipments needs to be moved, get pre-confirmation on customs clearance from destination agent. Make sure such shipments moved with proper declaration.
- Follow-up with freight forwarder on pre-clearance of Air freights
- Make sure appropriate type of truck, trailers are used for land Trucking and all legal permissions obtained for moving OOG Cargo
- Report any delays in Customs or other associated ME authorities, identify reasons for delays and work with GROs and Agents, as necessary, to minimise/mitigate the delays. The root cause to be ascertained and take Steps to avoid further occurrence
- Assist on Vessel Mobilization / demobilization activities. Follow up with agents on Deployment of vessels and barges at Production fields as per client’s requirements and contractual obligation
- Liaise with Destination agent on smooth berthing and customs clearance and material discharge
- Update Service Request Ticket (SRT) to ensure that all necessary Service Orders are raised for call off the various transportation, Agency and other 3rd party services
- Regularly monitor regional changes in Shipping laws and practices and Advise projects of any change in access and/or permitting requirements that could affect logistics movements of offshore requirements. If Required, Organize training section to relevant PMT personals in this regard.
- Review Agent invoices where relating to logistics and ensure they are in order with contract rates. Discrepancies to notify and oversea payments made as per agreed terms.
- Liaison with any Customs Clearance Agent to ensure that any/all necessary paper work is duly processed prior, to any material shipment and ensure that copies of all relevant documents are made available to all stake holders in due time
- Assist on Offshore Crewing/ onshore personnel, if required, in the organisation of ground arrangements inclusive of airport transfer, inter port transfer and embarkation/disembarkation of crew at port
- Provision of any necessary support Operation Team for Vessel Clearance activity
- Necessary support to ad-hoc request/assistance as required by PMT
- Marine and Freight Forwarding Agencies
- Air Lines, Shipping Lines and other Transportation companies
- Necessary Authorities (Customs, Port Authority, Immigration and consular authorities, Coast Guard etc.)
- Any necessary liaisons in relation to the Emergency Response Organisation
- SCM Department
- Government Relation Officers (GLO’s)
- Other Functional Departments, as required, Finance, HR, IT, Legal etc.
- Projects Management Team
Key Qualifications & Experiences
- Graduate / Diploma holder or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years of similar operational logistics work experience preferably in Qatar
- Ability to perform well under pressure with tight deadline
- Ability to react to and support operations with 24/7 support activity
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and able to relate with cross cultural management environment
- Flexible with regards to ad hoc travel
- Able to work independently.
- Operate within Subsea 7’s Code of Business Conduct
- Operate according to Subsea 7's Management Principles
- Support standards and procedures relevant to the Function
- Proactive involvement in all HSEQ policies and proactive intervention in daily safety concern
MANAGEMENT OF APPLICATIONS
All applicants that meet the job criteria will be contacted in the next two weeks by the recruitment team. Remaining applications will be integrated in our database and considered in future job opportunities.
WE LIVE BY OUR VALUES
SAFETY | INTEGRITY | SUSTAINABILITY | PERFORMANCE | COLLABORATION | INNOVATION
“Our values are not just Corporate words on our Website or a poster on the wall in an office or a vessel. They are our continuous drivers of our behaviours, our actions and they guide our choices.”
John Evans, CEO
How To Apply
Please submit your application as instructed in the job advert or Apply from Company Website