Learning Experience Intern, Lx job from Berlitz in New York, NY, United States
Saturday 7th, May 2022
New York, NY
Berlitz is a reputed company based in Philippines. We are looking for talented professional from the field of Internship / Undergraduate to join our team as Learning Experience Intern, Lx.
The Learning Experience Intern, Learning Experience, will support the execution of learning experience project plans to develop in-house language teaching and learning content for online, blended, or asynchronous delivery. They will assist the internal LX team in the creation and curation of highest-quality, innovative instructional content for consumption in all Berlitz markets worldwide. They will join a global-minded, diverse team to handle a variety of pedagogical and editorial tasks and be responsible for the satisfaction and success of our internal and external customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- In consultation with LX team members, develop recommendations for improving existing learning products and materials
- Assist in storyboarding and developing course materials (e.g., digital student guides, online course activities, videos, graphics, etc.)
- Develop creative ways to engage adult learners and improve learning and retention
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Native-like fluency in English required
- Proficiency in a language other than English highly desirable (French, Spanish, and/or German preferred)
- Understanding of instructional design principles/processes and online learning best practices required
- Experience with language education and/or basic understanding of second language acquisition principles a plus
- Digital media skills a plus (e.g., graphic design, illustration, animation, video editing, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills (for diverse, remote, global environments)
- Sound knowledge of different instructional methods and learning preferences―live and also blended, online asynchronous/self-study
- Familiar with modern e-learning instructional design (e.g., microlearning, gamification, storytelling, social engagement, etc.)
- Excellent eye for minute details and consistency
- High level of organizational skills, and ability to juggle multiple tasks and meet deadlines in a fast-paced and agile work environment
- Excellent sense of priorities and solution-oriented attitude
- Open to receiving constructive feedback
- Ability to work independently as well as being part of a diverse and global team
- High proficiency with standard software such as Microsoft Office and Google Docs/Microsoft OneDrive
- Knowledge of audio and video editing tools a strong plus
- Report to Manager of Learning Experience
- Collaborate directly with Project Management team
- Direct interaction with all members of Learning Products team
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: No travel is required for this position.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL FUNCTIONS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms and exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: This job operates in a professional environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, servers, video calls on multiple platforms, and headsets.
Please note, the above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by most people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities and requirements. Other duties maybe assigned at Supervisor discretion.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
How To Apply
Please submit your application as instructed in the job advert or Apply from Company Website