Junior Developer job from CGI Inc in Stockholm, Sweden
Tuesday 15th, March 2022
CGI Inc is a reputed company based in Bengaluru, Karnataka. We are looking for talented professional from the field of IT-Software / Internet to join our team as Junior Developer.
Our team consists of specialists in our Tools Development and is now looking for you who want to take the next step.
We at CGI believe in the idea that we can go further if we thrive together and work together. Every day we build each other, our clients and our business. With us (describe your team and your culture, what makes it fun to work with you).
For questions, please contact Hiring Manager [email protected]
Your future duties and responsibilities
Working as a Junior Software Developer at CGI means a varied everyday life. Here you are offered the opportunity to develop tomorrows monitoring solutions and automations both for our clients and for CGI. You can work in small, short projects in a few months to large, long commitments. We work both individually and together with other colleagues in our projects. Our assignments are carried out with the support of established methods and models based on industry standards.
As a Junior Software Developer, you will be developing and testing new solutions, lifecycle manage current solution and contributing in our work for continuous improvement. You will be part a of an agile team who works with our future tools.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Software Developer include:
- Working with an agile team to develop, test, and maintain business applications and integrations.
- Assisting in the collection and documentation of user's requirements, development of user stories, and estimates.
- Preparing reports, manuals and other documentation on the status, operation and maintenance of software.
- Design, develop, and unit test applications in accordance with established standards.
- Participating in peer-reviews of solution designs and related code.
- Package and support deployment of releases.
- Working with teammates in the migration of older applications to current technologies.
- Developing, refining, and tuning integrations between applications.
- Analyzing and resolving technical and application problems.
- Adhering to high-quality development principles.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
To succeed in the role of Junior Software Developer, we are looking for you who have a “can do” mindset and want to work with Python and Powershell. You are fluent in Swedish and English and have an academic degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
Desired Skills & Experience Minimum Requirements:
- Strong desire to learn Core Competency Requirements
- Solid understanding of object oriented programming concepts
- Solid understanding of relational database design and querying concepts
- Familiarity with version control concepts
- Preferred Competency Requirements
- Exposure to automation script development using Python and Powershell
- Knowledge of client/server application development
- Knowledge of agile development methodologies
- Knowledge of unit testing theory
What you can expect fom us.
CGI's combination of global and local presence, with offices in 30 locations in Sweden, provides satisfied clients but also means that you as an employee always have an office near you. This in combination with flexible working hours gives you the opportunity for a balance between private life and work, no matter where in life you are.
At CGI, there are also great opportunities for internal career paths where you can choose to become a specialist in your field, broaden yourself in new areas or take a senior position. Through our internal networks, projects and commitments in global and national industries, we offer you competence development and committed leaders who support you in your development.
More information about our benefit:
- CGI Employee Stock Purchase Plan: As a shareholder, you have the opportunity to influence and in our stock purchase program, CGI matches your contribution, up to 3% of your monthly salary
- Wellness allowance: We offer an annual wellness allowance of 3,000 SEK
- Parental pay: We pay up to about 90% of your salary during your first period of staying home
- Secure employment: Our consultants all have collective agreements and insurance
- Pension plan: We offer attractive pension solutions
- Staff car: The staff car is used as a private car but is leased by CGI.
Want to know more?
We look forward to hearing from you! If there is still something you are wondering about, feel free to contact [email protected], 0761161262
Travel is included in the role. Personal safety requirements may be required.
CGI is leading the digitalisation of Sweden and is a world leader in transforming innovation, information and technology. Through deep industry knowledge and an understanding of the client's challenges, we contribute insights to create sustainable results. We are located in 40 countries with 76,000 employees. In Sweden, our 4,000 employees are located in 30 locations with headquarters in Stockholm. Read more about CGI on our website: www.cgi.se.
- Unit Testing
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
How To Apply
Please submit your application as instructed in the job advert or Apply from Company Website