Investment Associate (amsterdam/antwerpen) job from Mediahuis in Amsterdam, Netherlands
Monday 14th, March 2022
Mediahuis is a reputed company based in Amsterdam. We are looking for talented professional from the field of Sales and Marketing / Business Development to join our team as Investment Associate (amsterdam/antwerpen).
Mediahuis is one of Europe’s fastest growing media and marketplaces organizations with over seventy exciting brands in Belgium, the Netherlands, Luxembourg, Ireland, the UK and Germany, Our high-performance Marketplaces team is responsible for the growth of our innovative platforms in recruitment, real estate, mobility and personal fintech. We strengthen our existing brands Zimmo, Jobat, CarsIreland, Jellow, Jaap, and we expand through M&A and investments in the most promising companies in this space.
Our goal is to build a portfolio of companies with new and emerging solutions in our four core markets, through M&A and investing in late seed or Round A rounds and follow-on rounds afterwards. As an investment associate you will be part of a highly collaborative team of five that leverages the broad network and expertise of all Marketplaces brands of the Mediahuis Group.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for an Investment Associate (M/V/X) with a distinct analytic mindset, getting to the heart of every challenge and eager to build relationships with entrepreneurs and co-investors.
This is a unique opportunity for someone that loves to dive deep into the markets that matter for people, like finding their home, deciding on their mobility, giving what they have in their job and securing their financing. You show sincere interest in other people’s needs. Furthermore we would be looking for the following:
- A bachelor or master degree in Economics, Finance, Business Administration (or same level by experience) gives you a sound base to analyze enterprises in their financial and business performance.
- This could be your first working experience, but the position certainly fits somebody with a 2-3 year track record wanting to step up.
- You have a strong interest in tech-focused solutions solving real-life problems
- You build a strong knowledge in what’s working in marketplaces and detect opportunities and risk from both product as business point-of-view
- A passion for the markets we are active in, loving the search for and contact with promising international scale-ups and doing everything to make them part of the Mediahuis Marketplaces portfolio.
- Somebody combining an analytic mindset with the ability to do heavy lifting when necessary and make things happen
- You like to support your colleagues to achieve team results and do this with an exemplary drive and enthusiasm
- You are very good in bring structure in piles of information and have good communication and presenter skills
- Complete fluency in written and spoken English. Preferably also fluent in Dutch.
- Already have a working permit to work in the EU.
What will you be doing?
In a typical week, you will be:
- Systematically and proactively identify potential investment opportunities, by scavenging the internet and building relationships with entrepreneurs.
- Draft a first analysis and present your findings to the team for further diligence
- Understanding the markets we are active in (mobility, recruitment, real estate, personal fintech), its stakeholders and dynamics, trends, emerging tech and disruptive business models through market and industry research
- Reaching out to founders, participate in meetings, digesting important information to presentable documentation, and gathering evidence to evaluate their fit with our investment thesis
- Supporting the team in its due diligence activities and producing the market and financial analysis that lead to underpinned valuations of the targets.
- Developing and updating sanity checks, unit economics and other financial models
- Co-creating the information decks to support in meetings with executives and investment committee
- Adding value with your expertise in business development projects within the Marketplaces teams.
- Support the senior team with their board governance tasks and help monitoring operating milestones in the investment portfolio and core business units.
How will you add value to our business?
Due to your excellent work, you will have spotted the right investment opportunities for Mediahuis Marketplaces and you will have been part of the team effort to turn these opportunities into actual investments and making them part of the Mediahuis ecosystem. In doing so you will have worked closely with your team members, but also with external advisors, key decision makers and of course the founders and key persons of the companies themselves.
Using your expertise and competences, you will be seen as a key player of our compact and efficient team and doing so you will see direct result of your efforts.
You will be able to meet and work together with other knowledgeable and inspiring people of the international Mediahuis group. In our team we work hard, but give a lot of freedom and independence to organize how you work. And we have fun together, day after day.
What we have to offer
- An inspiring work environment (location: Antwerp and/or Amsterdam) where everyone feels at home. Combined with the ability to literally work from you own home at other times.
- A position full of challenges within an inspiring team and ambitious workplace.
- Access to “De Academie”, our inhouse university, with a wide range of courses for your own personal and professional development.
- Of course a good salary, benefits, laptop and telephone.
If this inspires you and you would really love to be part of this, don’t hesitate and apply now. We would love to receive a full application with resume and an inspirational motivation letter. For any questions regarding this vacancy you can reach out to our recruitment department by email (r[email protected]), WhatsApp of by phone at +3188-8247721.
How To Apply
Please submit your application as instructed in the job advert or Apply from Company Website